“Great sandwiches”
Review of Dough on Main

Dough on Main
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Deep River
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Dough on Main was recommended to me by someone who is probably the most hyper-critical restaurant goer I have ever met. I trust her judgment and she eats here regularly. Well, she was right. The eggplant sandwich with pesto was delicious and substantial. I almost couldn't finish it, but it was so good, I couldn't stop. I will definitely be back to try the other sandwiches and homemade pastas.

The place is small and has a homey vibe. There's one small table in the window (there are steps) and a larger dining table next to the coolers. Prices are on the high side for Connecticut (average or below-average for New York City), but totally worth what you are paying in terms of quality and freshness. I'm sold.

Joan F, Manager at Dough on Main, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you for your great review. We are pleased that a savvy friend and regular customer enticed you to give us a try and that you were pleased. Your reaction to our food is one we continually strive for. Again, thanks! And we do hope you can visit again soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We came from Branford to get to know the area near the CT. River. Right on Main Street we saw this quaint little place. I decided that this would be a good place to try.
There are many varieties of FRESHLY PREPARED AWESOME FOODS!
I chose a seared steak sandwich. The owner and his wife are the most delightful,charming and accommodating people that I have ever had the pleasure to meet! I was handed THE BEST SANDWICH I have purchased at any eating establishment EVER! The quality of everything was so apparent, immediately. The flavor was SUPERB and the seasoning was spot on! The Chabata bread was from a local baker and COULDN'T have been any better.
I consider myself a rather critical "FOODIE" and do not write RAVE reviews unless I think that a place deserved it. These folks get 5+ stars for the food and their heartwarming personalities! Anytime I am in Deep River and want Great Food, I will go here

Joan F, Manager at Dough on Main, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you for your very kind comments! We always feel we are only as good as the last meal we served and are quite pleased that we were able to make you and your wife so happy with what we served to you. It was a pleasure to meet you as well, and we look forward to seeing you again quite soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

I love their fresh pasta and they have bacon from Nodine's! Excellent food and excellent service. I recommend the ravioli and cavatelli!

Joan F, General Manager at Dough on Main, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Thank you for stopping in and for your glowing comments. We love that you love local and fresh as much as we do. Have fun cooking up something special with your pasta ... and we'll look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Employees not familiar, things seem different. Previously loved the white baguette but this time around, not the same at all. No quiche (disappointed) anyways...Time to move on, thanks for the memories.

Francis B, Owner at Dough on Main, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Changes always occur in life, but it is a shame it has affected your visit to our shop. We strive for consistency in delicious food and good service. One new staff member has been added, and training always does require time to complete. Also, with our ever-changing case selections to offer the greatest variety to customers, it is possible that quiche may not be an option every day, so we always encourage customers to call ahead if there is a specific food item they are looking for. And the baguettes ... sorry! We do offer two different types ... and they are quite different in look and flavor. Please stop in and give us a try again, and we can determine which baguette type is your favorite and may have quiche back in the case that day.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

The house-made pastas are amazing. The lunch sandwiches are so delicious on very tasty breads. The building is adorable, too.

Francis B, Owner at Dough on Main, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Thank you ... and we are so pleased you enjoyed our quaint little shop and its fare! Do come again! We look forward to a return visit!