“Cozy Business Casual”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2017

If you want a NON- Chain comfortable lunch or dinner with excellent dishes, this is it. This is the type of gathering place for one or twenty one people, that you WANT in your neighborhood. Dark woods and cozy seats. Hundreds of bottles of wine on display. Pleasant wait staff (even though they interrupted conversation a few times) and the owner working the room.
Fantastic grilled swordfish and arugula salad. Wonderful presentation.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

So my mother and I have been on a brunch kick and someone had mentioned that Black Angus had a great brunch. The brunch actually did turn out to be great. The mimosas were good but the bloody Mary's could definitely use a little more flavor. My favorite part of the experience was the bread pudding for dessert! I'm not one to really go wild over bread pudding but this one was EPIC. So food was great and our server was very nice. As suggested in my title, my only turn off was the man that had originally greeted us when we walked in. He was very brusque and rude. Part of me wanted to walk out right after that, but we decided to wait for a table anyways.
This was about 2 months ago. So now fast forward to my friend's graduation one week ago, I was calling around to see if I could make some reservations anywhere for dinner. I gave Black Angus a call, when the same owner/manager/whatever he is, picked up. I cheerfully greeted him with a quick "hi how are you" to which he said "VERY BUSY MA'AM." I was a little put off and went on to ask if he had any reservations available, to which he said 9 o clock and hung up. Let me tell you, I work in one of the busiest restaurants in town and even when we are up to our necks with people calling, our hosts would NEVER speak to a guest that way! Incredibly rude! Had he courteously told me that they were booked until nine, I would've made a reservation at 9. He missed out on what would've been quite a hefty check too. So overall, great food and crappy hosting. Hope this helps.

4  Thank Julyana M
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed nearby and wanted dinner. I called for a reservation and quickly got one. We arrived, were seated, and served by "E". Even though it was a busy Friday eve, he was friendly and effecient. We enjoyed the food and the service. It is definitely worth a try!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Only thing better than the food is the service. Wait, the only thing better than the service
Is the food. Barbarie's Black Angus does them both so well it is on the par, if not better than some NYC steakhouses. Tom greets all guests at door and really works the house so well. On our last visit knowing it was my grandsons graduation he sent over a comp bucket of delicious wings. Class. Ingrid and the rest of the wait staff are on point and so attentive. It would take a 350 lb NFL lineman to leave here hungry. And the drinks...

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Feels like being out with a group of great friends. Food and Drink Superb!
The bar makes for a great Sports Bar with excellent tenders and the restaurant a fine steak bistro.