“New Ownership?”

Ming Dragon Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 42 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

We used to request this restaurant but when other Asian options came into town we switched things up. They must be under new ownership because the people, Level of service and food have changed drastically. The prices I have also gone up and the quantity of food and quality have definitely gone down. Sad because we enjoyed the family dinners they offer on their menu but when we order tonight there was not enough food for three and much of the food was quite bland as compared to past occasions. With so many different choices in town you would think that they would try to compete.

Reviewed 4 November 2014

This is definitely a take-out kind of place. I really don't like even staying inside while I'm waiting for my order because of the grease that is hanging in the air. The owners are always working in the back, so they must be busy. Like I said, I only stop here for take-out. I really like the wanton soup and pork fried rice here. Both are really good. They always seem to have quite a few people coming and going when I'm there. I hate that they charge you extra for crispy noodles for the soup if you want more than one package (which is small). Portion sizes are average, food is average, service is average, and the price is average, so if you are looking for an average Chinese Restaurant, you will know what to expect if you order from here.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

People rude
Don't have cups
Food is pricy
People yell in the background and when we asked for sauce the guy said one each and have a smirk
I felt scared to ask for something else

1  Thank Jaelena
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Go here several times and love their fresh food with large portions. Excellent for takeout. The couple that run the place work very hard.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I don't understand the other review. I will agree the service could be much better. Chicken wings are fantastic. They make the best chicken fried rice around, & do not use the usual NASTY frozen peas and carrots. Excellent Curry Chicken & Pepper Steak.
Vegetables used in other items are fresh & not overcooked.
Cleanliness of premises is an issue, prevented an excellent 5 pt. rating. Almost landed 'em a 3.
Doesn't Colchester have a health dept. & Inspections?