“Good quality and quantity for lunch specials”

Ichiban Asian Bistro
Ranked #12 of 42 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised by the taste and presentation of the lunch specials. We had orange chicken with pork fried rice, beef veg stir fry with wide rice noodles, and pork lo mein. They brought us small salads and spring rolls. (We also had hot tea, which next time we would skip, as it was highly perfumed.) The entire bill was about $25, and we brought half of the food home for supper too.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

Terrible food - better to go to a Chinese take out. The Tempura coating is a thick paste- just awful! The service is poor and the prices are high for their low quality menu offerings.

1  Thank Rosemary N
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

These new melanges of Chinese, Japanese and Korean places have been popping around for a while. They have very little in common with authentic cuisine, but rather cater to somewhat less educated taste of the public. The sushi rolls certainly don't have grade A tuna and you will take a risk eating them. Left have of mine on the plate. The poor quality of the fish used is masked by lots of spices and sauces with bombastic names. In conclusion try avoiding these type of places in general and this one in particular. And if you go stick to safe choices ( stem veggies, lo-main, etc. the stars just for the general appearance of the place which is clean.

1  Thank Cacabesa
Reviewed 18 October 2016

The food at this restaurant is outstanding! My son visited first and came home with rave reviews. Ever since we order at least once a week. What I enjoy is that the food doesn't feel heavy and greasy. There's something about the ingredients that make the food taste more healthy. I don't feel like falling asleep after a meal.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

I have eaten several times at this restaurant and my new goal is to try everything on the menu! I just had the Chicken coconut soup and the spicy tuna roll for lunch today and it was so delicious. Seriously, I am trying something new every time I go.