Holiday Inn Express Branford/New Haven
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Branford Motel(Branford)
View Hotel
All reviewspancakesnew havenmain streetbreakfast buffetrooms are largevery nice hotelthird floorattending a weddingwalls are very thinthe general manageryogurtstayed here for one nightthe breakfast areafront desk staffthe entire hotelpleasant staymini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Book this hotel as my husband had to go to CT on business. It was everything he needed and more. Close to where he needed to go, free wifi, free morning breakfast, free parking, comfortable room. And all for a great price. Definately stay again

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2011

we celebrate our wedding,and reception at the conference room,it was a wonderfull experience,linda the manager was awesome with us,she book me and my hubby in the bridal suite,absolutly beautiful!!! the staff help us with all the organization at the conference room..all i have to say its the best hotel in the area,clean,fresh!! we will go back!!! breakfast was very good!! thanks!!

Room Tip: all the rooms are nice but we love the bridal suite has a jacussi..
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Stayed here while attending a large family Labor Day get together in Madison. Very clean, staff was super helpful and the room was more than large enough to accomadate a roll away bed in our room with two doubles. Hotel was full, due in part to guests for a large wedding party staying here. Staff handled it all without missing a beat. We will use this hotel when we come next year.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2011

This was easily the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. I was not expecting something great, but it was terrible. If it wasnt for a wedding I was staying there for, I'm sure some of my family would've demanded money back and tried to find somewhere else to stay.

Check-in was easy enough, but when we tried to bring all of our luggage to the ONE elevator in the building, there were about 3 housekeepers standing and waiting for it. The elevator opened at least 3 seperate times, and they would chat with another housekeeper and then let it keep going. At this point there was now a line of about 6 guests waiting for the elevator, with the housekeepers blocking it and unphased. It took another (I'm guessing higher-up) housekeeper to tell them to get out of the way. Okay, easy enough. Got to my non-smoking room, and it REEKED of smoke. Like, hit you with a wall of smoke when you walked in. My mom said that she had originally been in the room across the hall and got moved because of the same thing. Running late, I figured we'd deal with it for one night.

Came back from a function, and there was a cot sitting in our room. Although we called and asked to have it removed because we never requested one, it made us uneasy that there had been unauthorized access to our room. If we had known someone would be in there, we wouldve put away our valuables and cash and such. However all of these things were strewn about as someone we did not request was in our room, which made us uneasy about what can go missing when something is "accidentally" delivered to the wrong room while the guests are out.

The beds were rock hard, the air conditioning never seemed to cool down the room, even after trying all settings, and the lights from the parking lot shined directly into the room at all times. In addition, several members of my family were kept up ALL night by loud guests partying til 6AM, even after complaints were made to the front desk.

Overall this was an indoor place to sleep, but I would never come back here again if I had a choice.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2011

There's pretty much nothing to recommend about this place, except that we haven't seen any bugs (yet). The walls are paper thin, the "lounge" chair feels unclean (dark fabric) the pool is small and loaded with chlorine (probably a good thing given the number of young children in it) the room is tiny. People talking in the parking lot two stories below might as well be in the room with you (no sound insulation from the windows) Worst stay in a very very long time!! Wish a Hampton Inn or Marriot had been available. I didn't expect the Ritz, Sofitel, or 4 stars, but this is barely a 2star. Sorry, but will not use a Holiday Inn again!! (a nice thing, the woman at the front desk was very helpful!)

• Stayed: August 2011