US$ 158
HIExpress.com
US$ 69
  • Free Internet
Americas Best Value Inn(Branford)(Great Value!)
US$ 91
US$ 79
US$ 87
Priceline
Branford Motel(Branford)
US$ 71
US$ 63
Quality Inn East Haven(East Haven)(Great Value!)
US$ 86
Priceline
US$ 90
US$ 83
US$ 115
All reviewsbaymont inn and suitesdunkin donutsnew havensaunabelongings
Reviewed 9 December 2011

The entrance is old and stale looking...the rugs through out the hallways are filthy and the place has an odor of old and musty. No amount of air freshener will help. The rooms have been refurbished with new carpets and beds, but the bathrooms need remodeling. The air conditioner system was filthy, which took me an hour to clean with a towel that was less than adequate. They are thin and surprisingly, they don't wick the water off of you, you need at least 2 towels and they are disgusting wet and stay that way for hours.
Breakfast is minimal. Waffles, french toast, sugary orange juice. We opted to eat at Dunkin Donuts each day....

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Dharrmais G, Director of Sales at Baymont by Wyndham Branford/New Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2011

Thank you for sharing with us your valuable feedback. We take our guest comments seriously and take appropriate action to address it whenever feasible. Our lobby and corridors are scheduled for renovation this spring . We apologize that we fell short of your expectations on that matter although it is highly appreciative of you to give us a positive commnet on our guest room. Once again, We are sorry that your stay wasn't satisfactory . Hope this experince does not deter you from staying with us in future.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

I needed this room because of having no power due to snowstorm in Connecticut. This was one of the few places available. The room was nice and clean. The WIFI worked well. The common areas were a bit dated and old looking. The staff was friendly when I checked in. If you can get a good rate, this hotel will fit your needs for an overnight stay. I would not recommend for a longer stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We were only there for one night as we were attending an evening wedding nearby. We were allowed to check in early. Room was clean with a huge, comfortable, king size bed. Breakfast in the morning was more than adequate. However, they need to have directions for the waffle machine. Front desk staff was pleasant and accomodating. Didn't get to see the pool or fitness room as our schedule was already full. Online reservations in advance got us a good rate.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This property was very nice & clean. Room was very comfortable. They also have truck parking which is a plus due to I drive a truck. The manager and all staff were very friendly and helpful. The price was great and they are within walking distance to dining and grocery store. They also allow pets which is great since my two small dogs travel with me. The only thing I didn't like was they do not have elevators and getting my belongings & two dogs up and down the stairs was a chore. They also have guest laundry which is nice. Would very much use this location again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2011

My experience with this hotel was awful. I had made the reservation over a month ago, but felt like I was given the room that is the "last resort". The room had an obstructed view (part of the building was in the way), and the window was covered with "fog" so that I couldn't see out at all. The king size bed took up the whole room, so that combined with the window gave me a very claustrophobic feeling. There is no elevator, and the hallways have several levels of stairs, so people going up and down with luggage sounded like a herd of elephants. Also the toilet did not flush properly and the room had a very distinct odor. In fact, the whole hotel smelled funny. There was a hole in the wall of the stairwell and the wallpaper in the stairwell was dirty and ripped. The carpet and bedspreads were very run down. The pool was closed because the heater didn't work, and they didn't know when it would be fixed. The door to my floor was held open with a dirty rag.The coffee that was supposed to be provided around the clock in the breakfast area was empty; when they refilled the coffee there were no cups; when they brought cups they were tiny! I ended up having to leave unexpectedly, so I consulted the front desk to get help/suggestions about the best way to get to the airport. The extent of her help was to dig out a business card and reply "Um, well, there's this guy that left his card...."

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo