“Enticing Italian Cuisine”
Review of Carbone's Kitchen

Carbone's Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Carbone's Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Bloomfield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Carbone's Kitchen combines an ample selection of Italian lunches and dinner, all of which have a wonderful taste, are well-presented and accompanied by outstanding service.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Had our moms birthday celebration here last night. It’s lovely inside and the place filled up quickly. Our waiter was ok he seemed a bit overwhelmed. Not sure how they do things but maybe a bus boy for water and bread and a runner for food would help the server to be more attentive. But he did his best. I think the prices are quite steep. I had simply prepared Salmon and two veggies. $25! The salad was additional making my meal $36. Plus $14 for a glass of wine. So for $50 for just me I would like to say it was amazing. I ordered the harvest salad. Dressing on the side. Got the salad dressing was on it. Ok whatever. It was getting busy so I let it go. Salad was ok. Not a lot of taste. My husband had a house salad. It was basic. My husband had his favorite chicken parm. It was a decent portion but very thick and he said it was just ok. My salmon was a bit fishy. My mom had Salmon also and didn’t care for it either. Others at the table said the food was ok. No one really raved. We had bought a cake which they cut and served. Ordered tea and coffee. Coffee was bitter. Water for tea ice cold. Waiter only took one tea to the microwave. Didn’t ask anyone else if there’s was ok. So $600 for dinner and I’ve enjoyed cheaper meals much more. Disappointed because the original Carbones was the flagship of Italian food in the area. This is basically the only restaurant in Bloomfield which is why it’s crowded. Too bad it isn’t like the original.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Looking for someplace a little fancier to meet your friends for happy hour? Then head here. Lovely food, tasty drinks, good atmosphere and great service. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We went on a Saturday night and arrived at the time of our reservation. The place was very busy and we had to wait 20 to 30 minutes for our table. The hostess was a little abrupt and offered no apology.

We enjoyed a drink at the bar while we waited. Martinis made with their own "cellos" were very good.

Once seated we waited quite a while for our server. This was a theme all evening. Server was very friendly but overall we were there 3 hours because of how long things took.

We enjoyed ourselves and the food though. The calamari app was huge. The fried fresh mozzarella delish. We all enjoyed our salads. The burrata poached pear prosciutto salad was the best I've ever had.

We were full before our entrees arrived. The pork chop was amazing. Shrimp risotto delicious. Chicken marsala yummy but needed pasta. Chicken parmesan very good.

Creme brulee, gelato and lava cake all yummy.

Busy restaurant that serves good food and drinks. Just make sure you have enough time to enjoy it because a little slow.

1  Thank CarpeDiem0626
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Just live it. We live nearby and stop in for dinner often. Food is always reliable and the wait staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Try chicken parm Last night had linguine with red clam sauce very tasty

1  Thank jpassman