“Couldn't stop eating”
Review of Zini's

Zini's
Reserve with OpenTable
Zini's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Bantam
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 September 2018

This place was recommended to us by a local winery. Gf loved her Lobster Ravioli and my Colossal Scallops Florentine was amazing. The service was excellent. It was just one waiter on Monday and he did an excellent job. The only thing that needs improved is their craft beer selection.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

I invited my parents to dinner at Zini's last week, we have all been here before and were excited for a great meal. Sadly, we were let down. The service was incredibly slow, the special of "New York Strip with mashed and veggies" sounded good. We ordered 3. The dishes came out with an undressed steak (not even any seasoning...nothing!), a few over cooked ROASTED not mashed potatoes, and plain steamed dry broccoli (not even a piece of butter). The presentation was underwhelming at best. All 3 steaks were ordered medium. All 3 were over cooked, and one was riddled with fat and gristle. We also ordered a lasagna which was not topped off with any sauce or cheese rendering it dry and unappetizing. We had to ask 3 times for bread....(it was the best thing on the table), and when we were asked about our meals MUCH later in the service one person in our party politely and discretely brought to the waitresses attention the steak being over cooked and of poor quality. The response was, "I am sorry, would you like the check?" There were several regulars in the dining room, along with friends of the business owner. Perhaps our business was not as important to him, but this is not the service or quality I am accustomed to when paying these prices at this establishment. I regrettably left $200.00 to cover our check and tip and do not plan on returning. When I say I have had better meals at 99 or Chili's I am not being funny. Disappointed, won't recommend, and won't be returning.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a delicious and delightful meal at Zini’s Restaurant. The sautéed artichoke appetizer was delicious. The swordfish entree excellent. My husband had the lasagna and ate every bite. Portions very generous and food well prepared and served. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

This is a homey style Italian restaurant. Which of course is nice! The portions are generous! The staff is always very nice and helpful! The food is very good, too!

The artichoke hearts and some of the best things ever! You have to get them!

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We felt like taking a drive in the country Sunday afternoon so we headed up into Litchfield county. We stopped in the center of Litchfield and walked around in a couple of the shops and headed towards Bantam on our way back home. As we drove passed Zini's Restaurant, I remembered seeing pictures of their weekend specials on Facebook. So we turned around and went in. With no specific plans for the afternoon, this turned out to be an awesome dinner. Zini's is a dimly lit romantic restaurant. I loved the stone walls throughout the dining room and the black and white pictures inset into the walls. My wife said she wants to go back to enjoy the fireplace when they light it for the colder months. As I had mentioned, we had no specific plans for the day, but our evening turned into a celebration of owning our store for three years. We worked the night of the anniversary.
We began with two very good espresso martinis followed by a delicious burrata salad. Creamy burrata mozzerella and garden fresh tomatoes over fresh lettuce and topped with fresh basil and a drizzle of balsamic. My wife had the spinach fettuccine alfredo with garden vegetables and topped with grilled chicken. The alfredo sauce was very light and tasty. I had a huge grilled veal chop served with a classic potato croquette and mixed vegetables. Perfectly cooked juicy veal chop seasoned with rosemary, salt and pepper. I haven't seen potato croquette served in a long time. Crispy outside. Creamy, cheesy and delicious inside. We ended our dinners with a tiramisu and strawberry cheesecake. Zini's is not shy with their portions and the piece of cheesecake was no exception. Excellent meal.
The gentleman that waited on us said that most people that dine there are regulars. He was happy to welcome us as new customers and also happy that we'll be back.

Been to Zini's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK