“Lovely Restaurant”
Review of Zini's

Zini's
Reserve with OpenTable
Zini's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Bantam
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a delicious and delightful meal at Zini’s Restaurant. The sautéed artichoke appetizer was delicious. The swordfish entree excellent. My husband had the lasagna and ate every bite. Portions very generous and food well prepared and served. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

This is a homey style Italian restaurant. Which of course is nice! The portions are generous! The staff is always very nice and helpful! The food is very good, too!

The artichoke hearts and some of the best things ever! You have to get them!

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We felt like taking a drive in the country Sunday afternoon so we headed up into Litchfield county. We stopped in the center of Litchfield and walked around in a couple of the shops and headed towards Bantam on our way back home. As we drove passed Zini's Restaurant, I remembered seeing pictures of their weekend specials on Facebook. So we turned around and went in. With no specific plans for the afternoon, this turned out to be an awesome dinner. Zini's is a dimly lit romantic restaurant. I loved the stone walls throughout the dining room and the black and white pictures inset into the walls. My wife said she wants to go back to enjoy the fireplace when they light it for the colder months. As I had mentioned, we had no specific plans for the day, but our evening turned into a celebration of owning our store for three years. We worked the night of the anniversary.
We began with two very good espresso martinis followed by a delicious burrata salad. Creamy burrata mozzerella and garden fresh tomatoes over fresh lettuce and topped with fresh basil and a drizzle of balsamic. My wife had the spinach fettuccine alfredo with garden vegetables and topped with grilled chicken. The alfredo sauce was very light and tasty. I had a huge grilled veal chop served with a classic potato croquette and mixed vegetables. Perfectly cooked juicy veal chop seasoned with rosemary, salt and pepper. I haven't seen potato croquette served in a long time. Crispy outside. Creamy, cheesy and delicious inside. We ended our dinners with a tiramisu and strawberry cheesecake. Zini's is not shy with their portions and the piece of cheesecake was no exception. Excellent meal.
The gentleman that waited on us said that most people that dine there are regulars. He was happy to welcome us as new customers and also happy that we'll be back.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

I'll preface this by saying we've been going to Zinis for over 10 years. It has been nothing but stellar. Until our last visit. We reached out on Facebook and was told we would be hearing from the manager. She never got back to us. This was the email I sent the manager. No answer.

"First, I'd like to say that we have been coming to Zinis for almost 10 years, and have never had a bad meal. We last visited in March 2017 and had a stellar meal. I always get the marsala (the best marsala sauce ever!), and my better half gets seafood. We visited this past Sunday, and we felt the need to contact you. I once again got the chicken marsala, and she got the shrimp stuffed sole. My marsala was not the usual dark tasty sauce it normally is. It was very oily, and it looked more red, like there was tomato in it. My finance's rice was minute rice, the vegetables were barely sliced,and the stuffing was all bread, no shrimp! We didn't want to complain while we were there, because we were having a nice time. I was just wondering if you changed ownership or cooks? Every time we do the wine trail we love to stop by your restaurant. But after the meal we had on Sunday, we are hesitant. Hoping for a better meal in the future.

Thanks for your time,

Rob"

This was from 12/17. Still haven't heard back.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Last night we decided to have dinner at Zini's after an absence of one year. As before, it didn't disappoint. All 3 of us ordered a special, veal chop. The waiter was able to substitute the usual mixed vegetables side with a mushroom risotto (very flexible and accommodating -- and delicious). Martini and cosmo perfect; quite good house malbec by the glass. All 3 of us had different desserts and each was terrific. Noise level -- none! Perfect for quiet conversation. The stone building is a charmer. We won't be away for so long again. This is a terrific restaurant.

Been to Zini's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK