All reviews across the street great location packaged pastries small pool and hot tub bed was very comfortable ski resort bus stop free breakfast a great place to stay fridge park winter cleanliness ted wp hosts rmnp
Reviewed 23 February 2015

Simple room with microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. Basic breakfast... coffee, tea, juice, and pastries. We loved the pool and hot tub area. It was perfect for my husband and my two small children. Walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Owners were very nice.
The motel reminded me of staying in a European mountain town in Alps. We are going to definitely stay here again. We love Winter Park. Also a perk was the sledding hill a few feet away for the kids!!!

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2015

Disclaimer: I too run a small business, and customer service means so much to us.
Not so with Americas Best Value,, Sundowner Motel. Checked-in and went to the office only to sit and wait for 15 minutes. Rang the bell. Nobody. I waited patiently, when a gentleman appeared from the back and said, "I am the only one here." So! I don't care. I am here and your guest.
Got checked-in.
This property is nothing special. . . it was clean. The water in the shower/tub was hot and that was a plus. They have a pool (I see it) which is enclosed and a hot tub (have not seen it).
The property is close to several restaurants and some fast food (arches). It was a place to put the head, sleep and leave to go ski.
The free wifi is "iffy" at night.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2014 via mobile

Grand Lake is beautiful even in the rain and cold but the hotels were expensive, especially with a dog, and even during an off season sort of day of the week and month. But, turn around to drive to Winter Park and stay at Americas Best, Sundowner and it wasn't disappointing at all. Room was VERY clean. Mildly outdated but not bad, Cozy and warm, quiet. Pleasant staff. Mcdonalds across street, plus Safeway down the street. Price was very fair.

Date of stay: October 2014
Reviewed 17 December 2014

This place is a pay-for-what-ya-get-in-a-ski-town kind of a place. The room was a decent size, but out dated to say the least. We payed 140 altogether for a 2 bed place. The beds were queen size. The tv was from 1995 and the coffee maker was is the bathroom. (I hope i'm building a nice image for you.) The microwave was on top of the mini fridge and our remote only had 6 and 0 working as a button.
The shower itself is pretty small and if your above 6ft good luck in the shower. The pluming was fine yet it take a push on the flusher a couple of time to actually get it to flush. The deal breaker thou were the sheets. I didn't notice it at first, but there was a particular smell coming from them and i couldn't put my figure on it. It wasn't the inner sheet or the outer sheet but the yeller mustard color middle sheet (more of a blanket.) Then it hit me, dog piss. It was the smell of dog urine coming from the yellow mustard colored middle sheet. I only know this because I'm a dog owner and have smelled this scent on the carpet when our dog was a puppy.
As we checked out we saw that they charge 10 bucks as a pet fee, so chances are they're not washing those sheets either.
Wouldn't recommend this place unless you're desperate. Next time Im gonna spend the extra money for the days inn right down the street.

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here while on a weekend getaway. The pictures on the website made this place seem a lot nicer than it really was.
First off, the lady that checked us in was extremely rude and not helpful at all. She was yelling at the customer in front of us for canceling the day before because his flight was canceled and had to reschedule. Her attitude from that carried over to us for whatever reason.
The room itself was nothing special, older beds and furniture. There was only 1 towel in the room and of course the office was closed so we couldn't get another one so we had to share.
The pool that looks decent on the website was far from decent. The water looked dirty and had a strange odor in the pool house.
We did not stay around long enough for the breakfast, probably a good thing.
For the price we paid I think we got what we paid for. There are definately nicer places to stay in town though, I would pay a little more for a better experience next time.

Date of stay: September 2014