All reviews moffat station mountain lodge across the street restaurant bar ski shop rooms were very clean during ski season the room was nice free shuttle ski trip no frills brewery snow wp sauna village equipment
Reviewed 9 October 2018

We are there in the offseason, only a few people in the hotel (i think). It made it feel a little like the hotel from the Shining. That being said it was clean and the rooms were large, in fact we had a presidential suite with a view of the mountain and ski lifts. A little far (a few miles) from the bulk of Winter Park.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ryan E, Guest Relations Manager at Winter Park Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled you enjoyed your stay in the presidential suite. Those views are really incredible! Thanks again. We hope to see you soon...ski season is right around the corner!

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Demarley at the front desk was SO welcoming, helpful, polite, and friendly. It was so nice to get all my questions answered and not feel like a bother. Thank you, Demarley!!

Tori went above and beyond to answer all of my questions about the restaurant, amenities, and close hiking trails! She even offered to show my choice of movie that evening (they do weekend nightly movie showings in the pool area!!)! What hotel does that?! Awesome!!!

The room was dated, as mentioned in other reviews, but I was aware of the lodge’s age and wasn’t too concerned with that. The bed was SO soft and comfy! I slept like a baby!

The walls were a bit thin, but fortuitously, there was a box fan in the room and once that baby was turned on, it was lights-out for me! :)

The restaurant staff were attentive and courteous. The homemade nacho chips were perfectly crispy crunchy, and key lime — FABULOUS!! The beer was yummy, too!

I’ll be coming back with my baby and husband for a quick getaway sometime later this fall, for sure!

Thanks again, Winter Park Mountain Lodge!!!! :)

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Holly K
Ryan E, Guest Relations Manager at Winter Park Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Hello Holly,

Reviews like yours are why we do what we do here. Thank you for saying so many nice things about Demarley and Tori. We really appreciate it. Glad you had a great stay and loved the nachos! And yes, please do come back and see us again this fall. Winter Park is absolutely spectacular in the fall. We can't wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Room is decent. Old style heater/ac.
Negatives
Full size ironing board not available in the room.
Some of the Front Desk staff were unwelcoming to the point of being rude- Can't even smile even if the guest makes an attempt to smile.
Breakfast is NOT complimentary - Not a negative but keep this in mind if you are expecting a B&B experience.
Walls are wafer thin although that's expected. A marriage party was placed in the same floor as us. They created a racket at 11:30 in the night. Had to call the Front Desk to quiet them down.
Positives
- Walkable to the Winter Park resort.
- Covered parking (although limited in number) available

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ryan E, Guest Relations Manager at Winter Park Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Hello there,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to rate and review your experience. We appreciate your feedback and value your opinion. We apologize you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Sorry to hear your sleep was interrupted by other guests. We do hope you give us another shot and consider staying with us next time you're in Winter Park. We'd love to welcome you back.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

I have been staying here for years. I always liked this place. The rooms are nice and the amenities are good (hot tub, pool, restaurant/bar). Stayed here for a weekend getaway just this past weekend and a few things were off. The menu at Moffat Station restaurant/bar could use some menu expansion on both the breakfast and the dinner side. It is simply too skeletal. Who closes at 9PM on Friday and Saturday night? They do. It is just too early. The bartenders were not as friendly as I had hoped and we tip well. Different bartenders on Friday and Saturday night but same standoffish (and slow service) attitude. We came back to our room Saturday early evening and we weren't even sure it had been cleaned. No fresh towels, nothing re-stocked - the bed looked less than made up. We had to go retrieve things for the night/ following day. I might be inclined to stay somewhere else next time but maybe it was just an isolated rough patch. The front desk staff were pleasant but the coffee at the front desk was horrible.

Room tip: The forest and mountain rooms are both nice.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Littleton80127
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I stayed at the Winter Park lodge on July 21st this year. During our stay the fire alarms went off in the building for quite a while and during the middle of the night. This began about 11pm Saturday July 21st and went on seemingly endlessly. We got out of bed, found our way down several flights of stairs and outside and across the street waiting for news of what to do next. There was no help from hotel staff, no information about what was going on, nothing. Finally, much later, someone from the hotel staff came out to tell us there was no fire and we could go back inside but the alarms would continue going off for a while yet. We went in, suffered thru the ongoing alarm noise and when they stopped, finally got back to sleep. The next morning when checking out I asked what compensation they were offering guests who had to endure last night's events. The man at the front desk said they were offering a $30 credit. He then took down my name and room number and promised the credit would be added back to my card. To date, no such credit has been issued; my card was charged the full amount of the room. I have now requested a full refund of the total cost of the room. Although I understand incidents happen, it should not be at the expense of the guests and any correction / compensation for such an incident should have been addressed immediately. Instead I had to reach out to the hotel after not having received the minimal credit for such an abysmal stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Ryan E, Guest Relations Manager at Winter Park Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Hello Fredda,

We're so sorry to your stay was overshadowed by the fire alarm sounding in the middle of the night. Furthermore, we apologize you had to reach out to receive the correction on your bill. But we're happy you did. We're here to help and if there's anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to connect with us again. As always, we wish you safe travels.