“One of the best in the worlds”
Review of Winter Park Resort

Rocky Mountain National Park Day Trip from Denver
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Winter Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located just 67 miles from downtown Denver on the west side of the Contintental Divide, Winter Park Resort offers over 3,000 acres of skiable terrain, 25 lifts, five terrain parks and a new slopeside village including lodging, restaurants, and shops. In the summer, Winter Park is home to Trestle Bike Park, the fastest growing bike park in North America, with over 40 miles of downhill trails served by three lifts, lessons, rentals and more. Other fun activities include tubing hill, ice-skating, snowshoe and snowcat tours!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“One of the best in the worlds”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I went back in 2006 with my mum and my mum's friends. I went for 2 weeks and had 18hours of ski school, planned out over 3 days. After that I was able to ski freely with my mum and co. The food there is fairly expensive depending on where you eat as there is loads of different restaurants all over the resort, but it is worth it. Our favourite was the Mary Jane Restaurant.

We stayed in a lodge about 10-15 minutes outside the resort. It was a very, very American winter styled lodge, but was really cute and comfortable.
Flying from Gatwick it took us about 10hours. We flew with Thompson and we had okay service :/

It is a very friendly resort, but you do get those maniacs every known and then who almost take your head off with their speed down the slopes ;) I have been to a couple of resorts and planning on going more in the next couple of years and none of them were or look as good as Winter Park, truly brilliant, I will definitely be back, but I may try Summer there this time with the mountain biking. (I travelled Februrary 2006 and the snow was 4ft-5ft tall)

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Chloe W
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Korean first
Boulder, CO
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Too much car and truck traffic in town. Loud.”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Like the friendly atmosphere very much, didn't like the constant traffic. We like to walk around and it seemed we were walking along a highway.

Visited July 2012
Atlanta
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Best family vacation ever!!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

My family of five and I go just about every year. My three kids got excellent lessons and are now avid snow boarders and skiers. I even took a day lesson on snow boarding and was proud but sore.

The resort itself is small but has everything you need. The town is cute and has some good restaurants. We stayed a Zephyr Lodge and love it every time. Rented through vrbo one year and it was great as well.

The mountains skiing and overall grooming are second to none. The elevation is high so acclimate in Denver a day or so and bring a humidifier or use the rentals.
You MUST rent snow mobiles one day it is amazing and fun!!!

Visited February 2012
3 Thank AtlantaSupergirl
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Vettes on the Rockies”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This was ours and our group's first time to stay here for our annual event. I was pleasantly surprised by the the size of our 2 bedroom condo @ Founder's Pointe. The furniture was new and in great shape. We didn't realize there was a washer/ dryer in our 2nd bathroom closet until the last day!

I didn't bring my swimsuit cuz they didn't list hot tub on the amenities....it's huge and nice. There are lots of nice lounge chairs on the outside patio and a fireplace and barbecues to use for guests.

The Village Resort is just across the street with shopping, restaurants and of course Ski Lifts.
It has definitely changed since I skied here in the late 60's!

We were treated well by everyone from the President/CEO of the resort to the checker at Safeway who made us feel welcome in the Fraser Valley! Looking forward to next year!

Visited August 2012
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Corvettes on the Rockies”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We had a great time at the Zephyr Lodge. The room was clean and the kitchen very well stocked (although no cooking was done). The proximety to the village was great, the choice of restaurants was good and reasonably priced. There were so many activities to partake in. The only issue was the temperature of the room...we suggested ceiling fans as the box fan provided did not supply adequate air circulation.

Visited August 2012