“Great hotel for the price!”

Quality Inn & Suites Denver North -Westminster
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Colorado Springs
“Great hotel for the price!”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed here with my family with our black lab for 3 days and I must say it exceeded our expectations. The room was very spacious with fridge,microwave and coffee maker wchich is very convenient especially when you are travelling with your family. Very quiet and easy access to different great restaurants. Everybody was very helpul and friendly. We were glad we chose this hotel and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Ruth W
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I am a proud Choice and Comfort Employee. So it pains me to write this review.

Two good points: Fast check in and really nice new beds.

Wish I could say there were more but that won't happen.

After check in we went to the north side of the building, door closest to our room and supposed handicap parking. The lot had been snow-plowed - except for the handicap parking. Three to four inches of ICE covered the handicap parking spots. ALL of them. the sheet of ice extended about ten feet into the lot making it difficult and dangerous for people without disabilities to reach the door without slipping, but darn near impossible for issues with walking to make it without a hard fall. Dangerous and dumb - why jeopardize people who are already fragile?

The lights in the hall were all hanging by their wires and the doors had numbers written on paper taped on them. I understand they were remodeling but... hand written paper numbers? Really? Why not just leave the old ones on until the new ones were installed? Same for the light fixtures. Last I knew light fixtures hanging by their wires were fire and electrical hazards.

The room itself was nicely sized. The furniture dated but still in good repair. The beds were not very old. Nice pillow tops. I always check for bed bugs - always. Comes from working at a hotel and hearing horror stories from travelers. So I pulled the mattress down a bit to check the seam. The box-spring cover/dust ruffle was filthy. Obviously not changed or cleaned in weeks. Hair and flecks of dirt. No bed bugs - that was a blessing. But otherwise completely gross. I carry my own blankets. I slept on top of my own blankets.

The bath/shower combination constantly crackled and creaked underfoot. The tub was obviously not seated correctly. My husband and I joked that we were going to fall through. The shower faucet was plumbed backwards. Normally when you have a single control the handle turns clockwise with the temperature going from cold to hot. This shower turned clockwise, hot to cold. So if you put the shower on three o'clock for a nice cool shower you would end up getting par boiled. I discovered this when I was rinsing some cream off my hands and arm. I set it on what I thought was cool - about two o'clock and ended up scalding my arm. Honestly who plumbs a bathroom backwards? I'd guess the same people who install a tub without seating it properly.

Stopped by the desk on my way out. I didn't want to leave a negative review with discussing it with the person in charge. So when I went to talk to the clerk and check out I was basically blown off. There was no Express Checkout under the door and the clerk didn't give me a receipt. I found that very odd but figured I'd upset him or thrown him out of routine with my complaints. The next day I found that not the case.

Checked our Visa Debit card just to make sure there were no surprises. Unfortunately there was. The hotel had charged our room, then the day of checkout added a $25 charge. I called to find out what that was about and the woman said "Pet Fee."

I don't travel with pets, there was no pet with me. When I said that, she said she had to talk to someone and put me on hold. A man who didn't introduce himself, asked my name and room number. He then told me the fee was because a housekeeper saw me leaving the room with a large dog and that there was a lot of hair in the room.

Straight up - that's a lie. I said it bluntly too. I don't travel with pets and certainly not 'large dogs.' As for hair in the room - I have long (shoulder length) brown hair and my husband is BALD. I told him all of this and he said he had to speak to housekeeping and he'd get back to me. He didn't call me back.

I called later to see if they had done anything. I spoke to Lourdes. She says that she can't do anything and that her GM would be in the office in a little while. He hadn't been in all day. That made no sense to me because I'd spoken to her GM that morning. She said that they had probably transferred me to his cell since he was travelling.

Okay then, how had he known what was in the housekeeping notes? How had he spoken to the housekeeper? How had he looked at my account and known anything about it?

I know the software that Choice and Comfort uses - I work for them - and yes he could have accessed all that information from home or a laptop. But NOT in the ten seconds I was on hold.

My firm belief is that the GM/Owner/whatever tried to pad the bill. Employees do get a discount. I think that they were trying to make up for that discount with this 'bogus' pet charge. Not happening. I've disputed the charge at my bank. The hotel will have to PROVE I had a pet. Something it can't do because I didn't have one. Security cameras will show that.

Upshot is stay away from this hotel. It is dishonest, not particularly clean, and definitely dangerous in very real physical ways. The iced-over handicap parking and access, the exposed wires with lights hanging freely in the hall and the improper plumbing all support that point.

Room Tip: Go to a different Choice Hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
36 Thank Maggie M
lourdes j, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Denver North -Westminster, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Maggie,

I am so sorry for the trouble we may have caused you. I definitely understand how you feel.
Let me address some of the things you have said about our hotel if I may. First, thank you for complimenting our fast check in, nice new beds and our well-sized rooms.
Second, I apologize for the hanging lights in our upper floor hallways. We were still underway with updating the wall paper throught the hotel during your stay but now it is 100% complete. With the hand written room number signs, I totally agree with you, we could have done better while doing the remodelling but at the same time not looking tacky and with that I apologize.

We treat our guests the same way whether regular paying ones or special rate guests. We have choice employees all the time and it is NEVER our intention to charge anybody more, just because they get discounted rate or for any matter.

With the "Pet Fee", I deeply apologize if you feel that you were wrongfully charged but unfortunately it also costs a considerable amount of money for our management to get the rooms cleaned if pets were present. In this case, we felt that it was justified because of the confirmations from our housekeeping employees including our supervisor who checked and cleaned the room you were in following your departure. I understand that you have talked to our GM and I might be wrong in saying he was maybe on his cellphone at the time since I was not sure if he came in or not that morning. I am sorry for the misinformation.

We always make sure that all charges we make to our guests are appropriate and just, this includes 1 or more confirmations from more than 1 person in cases like this. I can only apologize if this was handled poorly but I hope you understand that we have the responsibility to be fair to each & every one of our guests and that we cannot just change our decision because of their own claims. We do our own investigations and the people responsible in cleaning our rooms are most of the time what we call "firsthand reliable sources" because they are the ones who see the condition of the rooms before anybody else does. We are also definite that they don't have any reason to lie like what you've said since it is their responsibility to make sure the rooms are flawlessly cleaned before and after any guest even sees them.

Again, I am deeply sorry for all the trouble this must have caused you. I am hoping for your understanding and rest assured that we take all comments about our hotel seriously. If there's anything that we can still do for you please let us know.

Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 7 January 2012

My boyfriend and I have now chosen to stay her twice for a few reasons. First, yes, it's your average hotel that comes and an average rate, however they are usually willing to offer some pretty good discounts for last minute callers like myself. The rooms are very large for a cheaper hotel, and the bed was beyond comfortable in comparission to the place I'd stayed recently. The breakfast was actually a solid breakfast, not just bagels and cream cheese. The hot tub was nice, the pool was simple but enough for me. The workout room didn't have much to it, but at least had something.

The best part of the experience was the lady at the front desk, Patty. She'd always offered us good deals, and was very nice to us when we ran into trip trouble last time. She's very sweet and helped us out.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ebu527
lourdes j, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Denver North -Westminster, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
ebu527,

We are glad to hear about your pleasant experience with us and thank you for choosing Comfort Suites. Thank you for mentioning Patty, one of our most valuable employees. She is absolutely great!
We hope to continue to serve you in your best interest and satisfaction. Again, thank you and hope to see you and your boyfriend again soon.

Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We are attending a conference at a nearby hotel whose name begins with a W and ends with the part of the US we are IN! We are about ten minutes from the other hotel. The rooms (suites) here are clean, large (couch, desk, etc.), and the staff are friendly, courteous and knowledgable.

The breakfast is great, protein, fruit, yogurt in addition to the usual carbs. They even have belgium waffle makers.

We were concerned that this place has mixed reviews, but we are very pleased we made the choice to stay here. If you need glitz, this is not your place. If you want honest value and comfort, then save your money for a rental car you can use to drive to Estes Park and stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
David,

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We take pride of the quality of our rooms and service yet not breaking your bank experience when you stay with us. We hope to be able to continue to serve you in the same way or even better the next time you're here.

Comfort Suites Westminster
Director of Sales
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 5 October 2011

The Ritz it ain't! If you want glitz and glamour, a five star resort with hot and cold running room service and a concierge to make your dinner reservations, you've come to the wrong place. If, however, you're looking for a clean comfortable spacious room with a fridge, desk and microwave as well as the obligatory coffee maker, then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the place. I stayed here 9/22 through 9/26/11 and was well pleased with my kingsize bed, couch and the cleanliness of the "suite". I was alone in Denver to visit family and had no need for amenities such as the workout room, pool or not-very-good complimentary breakfast. I simply needed a place to hang my hat and crash after a full day out and about. The Comfort Inn Suites met my needs well.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
lourdes j, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Denver North -Westminster, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dana,

Thank you for your good review about our hotel. We enjoyed having you and we look forward to be serving you again the next time you come to Denver.
We try our best to keep our guests happy and satisfied so we are continuously looking for ways to improve in all areas at all times.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you in your future travels.

Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
8.0 km away
0.5 km away
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton
0.1 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver North/Westminster

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Denver North -Westminster? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK