“Westin Denver/Boulder Area”

The Westin Westminster
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed 21 November 2012

The Westin Westminster Hotel is located between Boulder and downtown Denver off of route 36. The hotel is one of the largest structures and quite impressive when viewed from route 36. The hotel is near shopping, restaurants, and the nations largest ice arena. The hotel also includes an adjacent convention facility, which I participated and was quite nice.

I arrived before noon so my room was not yet available so I went on to the conference. When I turned around I immediately noticed my favorite Starbucks coffee shop off the hotel lobby. I know where I will be tomorrow morning. When I returned to the front desk after lunch around 1:30pm my room was available so I was immediately checked in. See my hotel pics.

The Westin Westminster features a beautiful high plaines Colorado décor and of course Westin’s signature Heavenly Bed, which I love. The hotel and my room was very nice. The hotel lobby features a large impressive stone gas fireplace to gather around, which I did several times during my stay.

My only disappointment was as a Starwood member I only received two bottles of water. Other hotel amenities are usually more significant for frequent travelers. On my way out to the airport I picked up a morning USA Today from the hotel lobby and out the door. The Denver airport was about 40 minutes away from the hotel.

Each time I entered or left the hotel lobby the front door men (at least one of them) always opened the door for me, which was quite nice. You don’t find such door man service at hotels too often.

I enjoyed my stay here so I hope to return some day again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony J
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Thank you for letting us know about your visit. It is great to read that you enjoyed Starbucks and the Heavenly Bed which are both big hits with our guests. I appreciate your recognition of the Doorman as well. They are great assets to our hotel and I will be sure to let them know that they made an impression on you. Thanks for staying and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Westin for a conference that was held at the hotel. The staff was friendly and the facilities were clean and comfortable. My room was spacious and the beds was comfortable. I enjoyed the onsite bar which had a good beer and drink selection and the food was tasty. Staff at the bar were helpful and friendly as well. There were several coffee shops and restaurants a short walk a way. I appreciated the walking trails adjacent to the hotel. My only complaint was the feeling of staying in sub-burbia and feeling far removed from downtown and public transportation options.

Room Tip: Request a mountain view room
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. I am glad you were able to enjoy the many retail and natural amenities around the hotel. I am glad to read that the bar staff was helpful to you as well. In addition to the businesses around the hotel, we also have a shuttle that can take you up the road to a world class mall with outstanding shopping. Our Bellman will be happy to take you over there during your next visit.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed in this hotel for two nights in October. Upon arrival the staff were very kind, and very attentive. Very nice hotel. Nice rooms. Nice staff. However, dining was not so good. The chef was rude, and refused to assist with a person who is Gluten Free. I personally requested a Gluten Free meal due to having Celiac Disease. The chef stated without apology "I will not alter my recipes.

Sad to say that I will not return to the hotel because of the chef. But if you are one without a food allergy this would be a great place to enjoy on business or on vacation.

Great location, and not to far from the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for the mountain side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Gail D
Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

Attended three days for conference- beds were great- rooms are well appointed- disappointed that Internet is extra but free wifi available in lobby-additional restaurants within walking distance- ask for room that looks west to the Rockies

• Stayed: November 2012
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Thank you for staying with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the conference and especially the Heavenly Beds. I look forward to having you as our guest next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

I have stayed at this property many, many times. It almost feels like home to me. The staff is always so accommodating, friendly and helpful. I love it when the mascot dog is out greeting people. The rooms are clean and the outdoor hot tub that faces the mountains is unforgettable. The restaurant can be pricey, but there are a lot of other choices within walking distance. And the Butterfly House is a good diversion too. Also, if you need to get to this hotel from the airport and you are not renting a car, it's do-able. The hotel shuttle will take you to the mall, Whole Foods, numerous restaurants, Walmart, and to the Westminster park-and-ride. You can take the RTD Route AB bus to/from the airport for $13 each way and then call the hotel shuttle to come pick you up.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room. The view of the park is not bad either, but the mountains are beautifu...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. It is a pleasure to have our repeat guests continue to enjoy the hotel and surrounding area. I am glad you like the park view but I agree that the mountain view is outstanding. It is also nice to read that you enjoy Westy who is a great ambassador to our hotel. Let me know when you are in the hotel next as I would like to say hello.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
1 km away
4.1 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster
0.9 km away
SpringHill Suites Denver North/Westminster

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK