“Good chili rellenos”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

I visited Corines for an early dinner on a Sunday afternoon due to the fact it was one of the highest rated places in Walsenburg open on a Sunday. Walking in the door, it feels a little dated, but has a welcoming atmosphere and a friendly staff. During my meal, several patrons came in and were free by name, showing that this was the place to go for locals.

I ordered the chili rellenos plate “Christmas style” with both red and green chili on top. The meal came out piping hot, and both the red and green chili were very good and had a decent amount of heat. Of the two, the red chili was the spiciest, but was not overwhelmingly so. I finished the meal with a piece of homemade peach pie which was definitely above average.

All in all, I would definitely visit again when I’m in the area and have a hankering for good Mexican food.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I ordered a cheeseburger with green chile. The burger was dry and the green chile tasteless. How can green chile be tasteless? The “Mexican” food my coworkers ordered looked gross. This is not a place I would opt to eat ever again.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Stopped for a meal on a trip. Had a very nice waitress and quick service. My standard go to at a new place is a hamburger. I was surprised how good it was being a Mexican Food joint, but kudos on it, was the best burger I had during my trip. The GF had tacos of a generous portion and said that they were very good. Will stop again if we're in the area again. The prices were very modest compared to anywhere else we ate in Co.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Our hotel recommended this place and it didn't disappoint. Get anything from burgers to Mexican food here. The chile rellenos were awesome. Definitely will be back.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We went to Corines on the suggestion of my Son who works in Walsenburg now and then.
I had the tostadas and my husband had the Mexican burger. Both were good. The homemade fries on the burger were outstanding as was the green chili.
My only complaint is the wait time. I was surprised it took so long as it was not busy. We were not in any hurry, but we waited I'm sure over 30 min. to get our meal. The staff was very friendly, food just fine, but if your in a hurry you might keep that in mind.