“Classic 'diner" style eatery.”
Review of Alpine Rose Cafe

Alpine Rose Cafe
Ranked #14 of 27 Restaurants in Walsenburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Handmade hamburgers. A family owned place and open EVERY day of the year! Grandma cooks and she is excellent. Don't be in a hurry, staff is limited, but food is worth the wait.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

My wife and I visited on our way to Colorado Springs around lunch time since they serve breakfast all day. I had pancakes that were fluffy, light and very tasteful. My wife had breakfast burrito which had several options for ingredients. She also had raisin bread which was homemade just as the pies are, This is one of the oldest original cafes in Walsenburg dating back to the 1920s, It also has the original bar. There is a lot of Bronco memorabilia. You must be patience since the cook is also sometimes the waitress.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

I had a decent breakfast at a great price. The restaurant is clean with very good service. We placed our order at we did not have to wait long, The eggs were over easy as I asked for, the bacon and potatoes were crispy as I asked for...not burned

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Old school eatery with the main subject of conversation being the football gambling pool. Folks came in to check the gambling pool for winners and pot size. Food was ok but doubt we will ever stop again.

Thank R.D. A
Reviewed 11 September 2016

I had lunch here last week with some friends. The menu has a little bit of everything so it isn't hard to find something you'll like. The french fries were home made and great, if you like greasy fries (which I do!) It did take quite a long time to get our food so if you're in a rush I might suggest somewhere else. We were fine waiting though so I loved it.