All reviews the river second floor small town no elevator rock cafe old west king bed restaurant downstairs sitting room service was great comfortable beds pleasant surprise modern amenities western charm pioneer museum front desk clerk hunting trip
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

If you like rustic then you will enjoy the Antlers. The rooms are clean but crowded, we stayed in a room with 2 double beds. No closet in room, small cabinet with TV and 3 drawers in it. Refrigerator and small microwave in room against one wall.

No elevator to rooms which are all on the second floor with restaurant and bar on the first floor. Stayed 4 nights to fish in the surrounding area and each night the room had the smell from the restaurant grill. Ran air conditioner unit to freshen the air.

Restaurant was okay but liked the Moosecreek Cafe, one block away, better for breakfast.

Be sure to reserve your room ahead of time as there are lots motorcycles and fishermen in the summer months. A couple of other places to stay in town but haven't tried them.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2017

I had a nice suite with good furniture and stuff. That was the good part. The furniture and toiletry had a nice antique feel to it. Parking is upfront in the front of the hotel. The price is very reasonable as well. If you are a biker you will love it as there as a plenty of bikers here.

The bad part being the service staff are very poorly trained. In fact it seems like there is no dedicated check in staff. The restaurant staff double up as motel staff. One person when I called the hotel said i can check in to the hotel 24/7 when the hotel is available to check only until 8PM. The shift employee calls me half an hour before I arrive letting me know that the hotel will be closing in 30 minutes when I am in the middle of nowhere. i had to rush to hotel to get in. This poor service left a bad taste in my mouth. Again no apologies were delivered for this misstep.

Its such a pity that a good hotel has such poor service.Next step for hotel owners: hire dedicated hotel staff who care about customers genuinely and is good in communicating with a diverse group of customers or atleast train the current ones in providing correct information.

If you are going here, go early, see the room and pay and stay. You will know what you will get. Don't take the risk of pre-booking and avoid any disappointments.

Room Tip: Get the suites if you can!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank czar10012
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Room were Great! but at 8000 ft. and all on the second floor, the hike up made you want to stay in the room a bit. ;->
Accommodations were outstanding, but be aware the restaurant closes at 8PM sharp; so make sure your dinner plans are for an early supper.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed the Alter Inn. Great ambience, good food, and very comfortable rooms. Loved the fact that they kept it similar to days past but with modern amenities. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017

I booked Majestic Suite B for the weekend and it was everything I had hoped it would be! I was in contact with the manager and requested fresh wildflowers in the room. Such a pleasant surprise when we arrived to see wildflowers in both the bedroom and sitting room! This is a two room suite with a mini frijdge and micro. Two flat panel TVs, two side chairs and a nice sofa. We loved the old West themed furnishings, too! While Walden is a very tiny town, it is very friendly. The staff at the Antlers Inn was amazing and the food is excellent. We enjoyed two breakfasts and two dinners while there and would definitely return. Good, old fashioned comfort food at decent prices. I loved the half order of Bisquits and Gravy! Can also highly recommend the Fantail Shrimp. Yum-O!

We drove into Steamboat on Saturday, toured the sights and had lunch. I'd rather eat at the Antlers. Pretty disappointing overall. But another great aspect of the trip was the wildlife. We saw two moose, a flight of Whooping Cranes, our first Mountain Bluebird and a buck with spectacular velvet antlers! If in the area we will definitely stay at Antlers Inn! Thanks to everyone that made our stay so enjoyable!

Room Tip: Suite B is perfect!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple