All reviews gore creek hard boiled eggs memory foam creekside room hot tub shared balcony continental breakfast creek side yogurt ceiling fan balcony overlooking junior suite perfect location balcony door spacious room charming hotel small hotel
Reviewed 7 May 2015

My family (7 adults/4 children) stayed for a week here while skiing in Vail. We couldn't have chosen a better place. The location is right in the heart of Vail village with all the bars & restaurants nearby and the main gondola only a few minutes walk. The building is a lovely alpine style chalet with wood.

The rooms and bathrooms were spacious, very clean and well equipped. We all had balconies with views either into the village or to the mountains - lovely. Hotel was quiet a night, despite the fact the hotel was almost full if not completely. There is a lovely open fire in the lounge area with coffee & teas... nice to sit there and relax.
The heated pool and hot tub were a very welcome sight after a long day skiing. The breakfast could have a few more options, but was still decent.
There was free wifi across the hotel which was helpful for us too being from the UK, we could use our phones to keep in touch.

The staff could not have been nicer. we went to the drinks evening held by the owners Bob & Helen ( & their daughter Jeanne) in their lovely appartment with views up to the mountains - nice to hear about the history of the place and what Vail village was like when they took it over in the 70's.

This is a family run hotel, but has all the details of a big hotel. Vail is now very expensive, but this hotel is extraordinary good value for money and for us (with the children, it was the absolute perfect place) it will definitely be our choice when we next return.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Lyndsey S
Reviewed 2 May 2015

I love The Sitzmark - right in the heart of Vail. The price is always right. The staff is super accommodating and friendly. The rooms are always clean and well-appointed. The fridge and wet bar are great to have. Love the balconies and the views, both of the mountain and Gore Creek. Tempurpedic beds are super comfy. Powerful rain-soaking showerhead with high placement provides a blissful shower, with fluffy towels to dry-off. Great dining and shopping are literally steps away. The Sitzmark is a super value all the way around.

Room Tip: The bridal suite is lovely
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Julie L
Reviewed 15 April 2015

We love the location as it is in Vail Village and a short walk to the local bus stop to go to Lionshead in one direction and in the other direction is Vail gondola one. It is also in the middle of great restaurants and shops. Jeanne, Nick and Jenn were friendly and very helpful before and during our visit. Before making a reservation I spoke to Nick on the phone about what we were looking for- his friendliness sold me on the Sitzmark. The room and bathroom were very nice and spacious. The balcony and fireplace a real bonus! It had a small coffee/sink area which came in handy. The room also had a humidifier which we used at night.The breakfast was a continental buffet and had a waffle station to make your own waffles. Fruits were great as well as the bagels. Happy Hour usually had a soup and drinks in the lobby area- it was so nice to sit and look out the big window... will definitely go back again!

Room Tip: Call the Sitzmark and speak to either Nick, Jeanne or Jenn. When I called and explained our needs- Nick made a great suggested for a room that suited our needs perfectly! We had a balcony and fireplace which we happily used during our stay.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank yomenaj
Reviewed 11 April 2015

Jennifer, our concierge, saved us from having to scan websites for hours trying to find Vail travel deals that would fit our budget. She not only helped us book a room without reservations and honored the lowest price promoted by a third party, she also gave us countless recommendations for ski rentals, happy hour, and restaurants worth paying Vail prices.

Highlights include: Proximity to gondola, Hot tub, clean rooms, and comfortable bed. Only drawback was there was no fan in the bathroom, but Colorado is already in a dry climate, so maybe that is normal (?). It certainly didn't distract from an awesome vacation in Vail, thank you Jenn and everyone at the Sitzmark Lodge!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank karenbB6834MZ
Reviewed 8 April 2015

Everything about this hotel is perfect! I arrived for the spring break on Tuesday March 31st and the staff was very welcoming, the room was very beautiful and confortable, with all the amenities I could expect, and the after walking Vail village I realized that the hotel has the best possible location, in the center of Vail Village, just steps from the Gondula One and a Little block from the bus stop to ride anywhere else in the resort.
Breakfast was very good, with fruits, cereals, waffles and milk, orange juice and coffee. The lounge area is very cozy and confortable. After the ski day, relaxing in the hot tub is just awesome!, I really couldn't ask anything to make this hotel better, is really perfect I think! I forgot to say that there is free parking for the guests because I arrived in a rental car and I thought I was going to have to pay for parking in the Village Structure but in the lobby they told me the happy news that the hotel had free parking!

Room Tip: My room was in the second floor so it was very accesible walking, but there is also an elevator. My room had a very nice balcony which I enjoyed very much, so I recommend to ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family