1,230 results
All reviews avalanche pub resort fee ski valet platinum member ski shop charter sports indoor pool mountain resort lionshead area valet service per day an upgrade breakfast buffet mountain view ski boots free shuttle hot chocolate
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Thought I found a great deal at $140 for a night. Then I got the email confirmation showing $35 extra per day as a valet fee. Okay, it's Vail, sounds like something a company would do there, but it would have been nice to know about before I booked the room. The stay at the hotel was pleasant enough, but when I got home, I found my card charged $40 more than I expected, even with the valet fee. I had to call the hotel to get a receipt emailed to me. Where I found a $40 resort fee tacked on. I saw nothing about a resort fee at the time of booking, nothing in the confirmation email, so I called the hotel and asked to speak to a manager. The manager informed me that the hotel had a choice to either raise the rates on their rooms, or to add the resort fee, so they chose to tack on the resort fee at the end. When I explained to the manager that this was a shady business practice, he said there was nothing he could do. I can't stand companies that are not upfront about their fees and will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank VonMadderhorn
Keaton L, Manager at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share with us feedback from your recent visit. Your comments are greatly appreciated and certainly help us to improve. While I am glad to hear that your experience was pleasant, I am sorry to see that there were aspects of your visit that did not measure to your expectations. We understand that vacationing in a resort location can be expensive and we constantly seek new ways to add value to our guest stays. Experiences such as our daily whiskey tasting, a welcome beverage on arrival, seasonal bike valet, among other amenities are just some of the ways that we attempt to provide value to the Resort Fee, the resort experience, and the overall stay. These fees are stated and addressed online, in the booking, and in the confirmation email. In addition, we are excited to announce that we are currently planning a renovation that we hope to unveil soon. If there are other recommendations on added value you would like to see we would be happy to discuss directly. Please contact the hotel directly at 970-476-4444

Kind regards,
Vail Marriott Management Team

Reviewed 13 May 2018

People and room were very good. Manuel was awesome upon arrival. His recommendation of Mountain Standard (see review) was outstanding. Shuttle available at no cost to local sites. Gentlemen working valet were professional friendly and extremely helpful. What I didn't like was the booking through the Marriott website they did NOT itemize the resort fee. Showed room at $146 plus $19 taxes for a total of over $210. did not show the resort fee! I recognize to some extent this is on me. On the other hand, hidden fees are the bane of those who travel on budgets.

Room Tip: Watch out for resort fee
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SeanH689
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Loved our stay at this resort. Great location nearly on the slope (5 min walk), friendly staff, clean facility, and comfortable rooms. Checked in on my birthday and the staff went out of their way to send a small snack basket to our room. Excellent attention to details. Will be back

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Vail Marriott is in Lionshead area just 5 min walk to Eagle Bahn gondola, very conveniently located. We stayed the last weekend of Vail ski season, so rates are very reasonable ~$400 compare to peak season which is 3x more. Staff is very attentive and friendly, it's full service resort which is part of your $40 resort fee which included ski valet where they bring your ski to the gondola area and back to the hotel in the afternoon, no carrying of skis! This also included an afternoon snack of hot chocolate and smore's - my kids really enjoyed it! And don't forget the valet parking for $50.

The one thing we wish is that, they have bigger beds. How can a family resort have 2 double beds. And it's not just Vail Marriott, it's all Marriott resort unfortunately.

Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Benjamin W, Manager at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Hello Tess N:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor! I am glad that you enjoyed your ski trip and your stay with us. We also agree that queen beds would be great for the rooms, unfortunately, they do not fit in our rooms. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Benjamin W.
Front Desk Manager
Vail Marriott Mountain Resort

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Another blah Marriott.
Bad:
- not very clean
- has the charm of an airport with unimaginative decor
- not really ski-in/out
- ridiculously overpriced for what you get
- typical American hotel that doesn't include nor offer decent breakfast or dinner
- pool is a joke, no sauna/steam room

Good:
- close enough to ski lifts
- rooms big enough for families
- beds and pillows are comfy

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank GlobalPolyglot
Benjamin W, Front Office Manager at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hello GlobalPolyglot:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy the dining options on property. We are just beginning a full property renovation that will include our dining options, we hope that renovation will address the issues that your experienced during your stay and that it will enhance the many positive aspects our property has to offer.

Thank you again for your feedback. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Benjamin W.