Overall, we were happy with the hotel. Like other people said, the rooms were a bit expensive but its vail so theres not a lot of budget motels around. They offer several rooms from regular hotel rooms to the multi-room suites and you get exactly what they tell you...nothing more, nothing less. Rooms were clean and washrooms are well stocked with towels etc. Bedding was super comfortable.
The pros: On site ski rental with 20% off and valet service to the base of the mountain. Walk-in, walk-out skiiing (apx. 4 minute walk to base). great location within Vail. Very close to several good restaurants (moes, little diner, and a few others). While vail village is typically more sought after, this location in Lionshead is definitely more practical for most skiers and casual dining. Overall service was on par with Marriott- expecially the valet who were very friendly. The free in-town shuttle stops right at the front door and is very convenienent. Free hot chocolate, apple cider and cookies in the afternoon is a nice touch.
Cons: While the valet staff was very attentive and freindly, they are terribly slow and there is no self parking. I am the type of person that usually does not call ahead but valet was often 20 minutes or longer so definitely utlize the call ahead feature. The restaurants on site are not the greatest and the bar area was small and not particularly comforatble. Your better off finding another spot for afternoon drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vail Marriott Mountain Resort in Lionshead Village is one of Colorado's most celebrated resorts. Our Vail ski resort is just 150 yards from the Eagle-Bahn Gondola and offers relaxed lodging options for daredevils, daydreamers and those seeking a little adventure. Featuring all the hospitality and charm of a European ski and spa resort, our Vail resort is the destination of choice for vacationers seeking the exceptional. The natural beauty that surrounds our breathtaking Vail luxury resort is reflected in a chateau atmosphere of warm elegance, complete with rich wood accents, cozy rooms with plush beds, heated pools, outdoor recreation and a luxurious spa. With 5,289 acres and seven legendary bowls, Vail Resort is the largest ski resort in the nation, welcoming skiers and snowboarders from all over the world. We invite you to stay with us and discover why Vail continues to top ski resort polls year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vail Marriott Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Vail Mountain Hotel Vail
- Marriott Vail Mountain Resort And Spa
- Vail Marriott