All reviews hot tub steadman clinic bus stop within walking distance five minute walk an older property small refrigerator two sinks outdoor pool bit dated free shuttle lionshead village easy access location was perfect lobby altitude snow
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I hate writing this review, but I wish I had been warned. The hotel is very over priced for the condition I found it in at the time of my stay. Of the two elevators, one was completely broken and the other took a full 60+ seconds (warning note said 50 secs) to close. The room I stayed in was dated and the smell of mildew in the bathroom was strong. Noise level was moderate and the place just felt beat up in general. It’s a great location, just in desperate need of maintenance and upkeep.
I hope your experience is better than mine.
Cheers!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank TraveledMilesPerHour
AlanKravetz, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thanks so much for your review, TraveledMilesPerHour. It sounds like you stayed with us when we were having elevator problems this past winter. What a pain for all of us that was. For what it's worth, we have fixed those problems and are continuing to renovate our rooms for some of the other issues you mentioned. We're glad you enjoyed our location as it is one of the things about our property that our guests love the most. Thanks again.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

My name is Cameron and I stayed at Evergreen Lodge for 3 weeks last Christmas while recovering from major surgery. I was in Vail by myself and as you can imagine, I needed a quality room and a staff that cared to go the extra mile. That is exactly what I got. Not only was the staff courteous and helpful but they went out of their way for a customer who needed extra attention. I’d specifically like to recognize Allen, the hotel manager as well as Brian for being thoughtful, friendly and extremely attentive to my needs. They greeted me by name, assisted me with ice as well as in house dining and even helped me with local transportation that could help me get to where I needed to be. I would also like to thank Brittany at their in-house restaurant -Altitudes- for being cheerful, friendly and really great at her job. In all, the entire hotel and restaurant staff made a not so fun situation, much better. I literally could not have done it without them. I would recommend Evergreen Lodge to anyone traveling to Vail and I look forward to my next trip there in the spring.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
AlanKravetz, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Hey there Cameron! Nice to hear from you. Thanks so much for your kind and thoughtful review. We miss you around the desk and hope you're doing well back at home with recovery and everything else. Things are good here at the hotel as we finally got some snow :) Can't wait to see you and chat with you this Spring. Take care.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Should be 3 1/2 stars. Just finished our 4 day Vail ski vacation staying at Evergreen. Very welcoming and helpful front desk staff and ski shop for storage. Great Nepali/Indian restaurant and Altitude looked fun! Room basic but spacious, beds pretty comfortable, temperature comfortable but not adjustable. Easy walk to Vail shuttle to get to all ski areas and main village. Bathroom smelled a bit moldy and cold water dial did not work at sink so water was steaming hot, but there was a second sink where the mini fridge was. Forgot to restock us with water at daily room tidying, which is so key at this altitude.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Thanks so much for your review, A TripAdvisor Member. We're very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for visiting both of our restaurants as well. We are very happy to provide you with 2 complimentary water bottles at check-in and are glad you enjoyed them. We'd love to check out the water temperature controls in your room and look for mold. Feel free to get a hold of me here at the hotel at alank@evergreenvail.com. Thanks so much.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

I had a nice stay here, 4 years after my first time. And I'm upping my rating one point from 3 to 4. It seems in the 4 years since last time they did some renovations, which were appreciated. Overall, this was a comfortable stay, and the price was right for the location. They were very obliging with giving us a roll away, the beds were comfortable, the room was nice sized. Wifi worked well. There was an issue where an icicle crashed onto my windshield and smashed it. the hotel manager contacted me immediately and paid for the replacement, which was much appreciated. All the staff at the hotel were helpful and delivered a good experience. Only issues I had were that the toilet in our room tended to run a lot and the water in the shower took a bit to heat up. That said, ash this price point, this is a good hotel and I'd be happy to return.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our property, Jason. Hopefully the next time you stay with us we won't smash your windshield to bits :) Take care!

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

It was budget option right in the village.
Look a bit ran down and on the mend again.
Great thing is that they did kit try to fill it with cheap decor. Hate those things collecting dust, impossible to clean.
They updated the necessities. Plenty of space, including storage. 2 queen beds with plenty of space to walk around. Desk. Armchair.
Beds are pretty comfortable.
Mini fridge. 2 sinks. Shower/tub combo. No problem with hot water.
Wi-Fi in room is spotty.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vigo
AlanKravetz, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

This is such a fair and objective review. As someone who responds to reviews ad infinitum, I greatly appreciate your helpful and collected tone. In contrast to most, your review is unemotional and particular. I'd love to know what you thought of our staff, restaurants, and anything else, if you have the time. My email is alank@evergreenvail.com.