“Flavor explosion”

Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Moe's Original BBQ is a Southern soul food revival with food prepared fresh daily with recipes passed down for generations. Dine in, take out and catering available for parties and events.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Bar style establishment that whatever it lacks in the fancy department, clearly makes up in the flavor department. Everything from the cornbread and beans to the ribs were amazing. Highly recommend a lunch stop after a day on the slopes.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This was a good quick spot to grab a cheap meal while skiing. The pulled pork, baked beans and Mac/cheese were tasty and the portions were very adequate.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent bbq ribs. Meat fell right off the bone. Fluffy cornbread. The only reason I didn’t give this place a 5 was the atmosphere. Down home funky, more like a dive bar. Paper towels and plastic everything, but at least I was able to score a glass for my pear cider. Music was rockabilly and loud. In spite of the negatives we would go back for ribs and the prices.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Seven of us stopped here for lunch and were very pleasantly surprised. The food was very good and priced very reasonable by Vail standards. In fact, my smoked chicken sandwich with mac ‘n cheese and collard greens was one of the best and most satisfying meals I had in Vail!

Our group tried the pulled pork sandwich, the smoked turkey sandwich and the smoked chicken sandwich. Everyone loved the food. I thought my smoked chicken sandwich was a standout - very flavorful, tender, and moist. Each sandwich comes with a choice of two sides.

Service is very fast but it’s a small place so there is limited indoor seating. Still, the tables turn quickly and there are several tables outside. You order at the counter then find a spot to eat.

Warning - in the evening, they run out of selections so get there early not to be disappointed.

Very casual.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Baked beans were really good. Ribs fell off the bone. Meat was a little dry. While this is some of the better BBQ I've had in Colorado, it's certainly not 5 star worthy. I'm really picky about my BBQ being from the town that hosts the annual international BBQ fest. It just doesn't hold a candle to all the BBQ I've eaten throughout my life.

Been to Moe's Original BBQ? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK