All reviewsski valetrooftop pooltavern restaurantbeautiful hotelheated floorsthe eagle bahn gondolacar serviceoff seasonin room diningluxury hotelrock resortsski hoteldinner reservationslionshead areaturn down serviceapres skihot chocolate
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This was our first time here and it exceeded all expectations. The staff was especially friendly and helpful with no questions asked. Loved the room. Beautiful balcony, large, clean and very special. Enjoyed the hot tub and pool on the outside deck. Memorable time that's for sure.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank northernite
BryanAustin, General Manager at Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Arrabelle. I'm pleased you enjoyed your experience and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Arrabelle on your next visit to Vail, Colorado. Thank you again for your positive comments.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

My husband and I have spent most of our anniversaries in Vail. We usually stay at another hotel directly in Vail Village, however, this year, it was completely booked for a convention. We decided to branch out to the Arrabelle. Our anniversary lands the week after Vail typically closes the ski slopes and if you can adjust to the number of restaurants that close up for off season, there is something really lovely about having the Village almost to yourselves. First, what we didn't like....Vail Square....we love Vail Village but Vail Square reminds me a lot of Beaver Creek, simply a cluster of high end hotels stacked on top of each other with no discernable greenery or 'town' feel to it. If you like Beaver Creek, you'll love Vail Square. There is no option to have a room facing Gore Creek or unobstructed views of the mountains. Not huge, but definitely where the other hotel has the advantage. Our breakfasts were served in their Centre V restaurant, nicely appointed but a little dark, probably better for an intimate dinner. Service was really slow for breakfast, I think due to the fact that we were there during mud season and a snow storm trapped more visitors there than they were staffed for. Again, the other hotel has the advantage there. Our first night, we dined in the bar and had a great casual dinner. We didn't use the pool but saw that it seemed like an afterthought. Very small roof top pool --lots of cement. Ok, now what we loved....we checked in a bit early and the concierge booked our restaurant for our anniversary right away and whisked us to our room. The rooms are perfection. Bathrooms are large with soaking tub, shower, double vanities, tvs. Thinks all of the appointments of a Bellagio/Venetian in Vegas without the tack. The suite featured plenty of closet space, plush robes, and the bed was quite possibly the most comfortable bed that I've ever slept in. (And I travel extensively for my work to very nice hotels) Nice fireplace and flatscreen TV. The Arrabelle definitely has the edge over the Vail Village hotel in the room category. And the Spa.....ahhhh, the spa.....it was beautiful. We shared a couples massage and both room and therapists were wonderful. The changing rooms in the spa were equally gorgeous with private showers, saunas, steam rooms and huge hot tub. The only drawback was a lack of coed hot tub in the spa area. Although you are not in Vail Village, the Arrabelle provides a complimentary shuttle in Cadillac Escalades at whim. Very nice touch. The drivers were terrific...tip accordingly.

Bottomline, would we return? Probably so.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sad2BHomeDenver

Thank you for your comments regarding your tradition Anniversary stay in Vail and I'm please you decided to select the Arrabelle for your special weekend stay. I appreciate all your comments on service, decor and amenities we work very hard to personalize each guest stay. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future at the Arrabelle. Please don't hesitate to call my office directly (970) 754-7780 if I can be of any assistance in help making your arranagements.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Use to walk by the Arrabelle when it was under construction, but finally my parents and I were lucky enough to stay there for a few days this Spring. A family member of mind had been hospitalized for a ski injury distant from Vail but when we were able to bring her to the Arrabelle for a night there they were very kind in helping us and providing a wheelchair etc. Note: I hope they can get a newer bigger wheelchair that they have hospitals since it's a ski resort and they lacked that.
Anyway the pub was delicious and the room service was the same but nothing too special. The location to the slopes is wonderful and you have a ski valet right at the snow. The staff in the hotel and at the ski valet were great. The hotel is right in lions head literally right next to shops and restaurants. Very luxurious hotel to stay in. Exspensive but worth it. Deffintly want to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2011

Thank you for posting your positive comments and I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your helpful comments regarding our wheelchair and have looked into making this change. I'm glad you enjoyed the Tavern service and food along with our great location and access to Vail Mountain. Again thank you for your posting your comments and if I can ever be of assistance in making your arrangements in the future please don't hesitate to give my office a call (970) 754-7780.

Reviewed 9 July 2011

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at the Arrabelle and both times have been great! It is expensive, but we think the location makes this worthwhile. We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo unit, which was just perfect! The location to the slopes can't be beat. The only negative is the mediocre room service menu (which is nearly identical to the menu in the pub downstairs.) Thanks to nearby places to eat and the local grocery this wasn't a big deal. Plus, since we were in a condo unit we could fix meals in the unit. I could see this being a bigger issue for those staying in hotel rooms. The spa is great for relaxing after a day on the slopes. I used the jacuzzi and steam room every day. We will definitely go back. Finally, they do have good deals on rooms if you keep an eye out for them.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Beautiful hotel with a perfect location. The service is awful! I have traveled all over the world and am very fortunate to stay in wonderful, high end hotels and the service at Arrabelle was very disappointing and should not put itself in the luxury category!
The rooms are big and we had a mountain view with a balcony which was very nice!

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
BryanAustin, General Manager at Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2011

I am so sorry to hear you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. Please feel free to call me at (970) 754-7780 to discuss any details you may have so we can rectify your disappointment. We look forward to the opportunity of having you as our guest in the future to ensure a great stay with us.

Vice President & General Manager