All reviews murphy bed deluxe room fire pit filtered water front desk staff resort fee turn down service ski valet an upgrade hot chocolate valet service fantastic location off season cookies shops and restaurants apres ski full kitchen
Reviewed 14 April 2018

A beautiful lodge walking distance from the slopes that envelopes you in warmth at every turn. They offer such fun extras from smores by the firepit each afternoon, the best hot chocolate and cookies as well as free bottled water in the room The whole staff is friendly, happy and helpful however Callum Sims made our stay nothing short of magical. No request was left unattended and he made my son's birthday a memory he won't forget. He is asking already when we can come back to see Cullum. Thank-you for taking care of us while we were away from home.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Thera S, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Hello Kelly C,
I would like to thank you for choosing The Lodge At Vail, A Rock Resort as your hotel destination and taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor for us. I wanted to reach out, and thank you for the kind comments about the team and Callum! I will certainly pass along the messages! I am so happy that your son had a memorable birthday and Cal was able to be part of it. It truly warms my heart! We take all guest comments very seriously and use your feedback to help improve our hotel product and service.

I greatly appreciate the feedback about your recent stay. I sincerely hope you visit again in the near future and we will look forward to welcoming back!

Reviewed 13 April 2018

My wife, who is very hard to please, thinks that this is the best place she has ever stayed! What we particularly liked about the Lodge at Vail was the whole package: the room quality and lay-out, the hotel service, the sumptuous spa, the (free) yoga classes, the location proximate to the slopes, the spectacular breakfast at in-house dining Cucinos, good (free) wifi - pretty much every feature is top 3 making the aggregate package a great experience.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank Neil R

Hello Neil R,
I would like to thank you for choosing The Lodge At Vail, A Rock Resort as your hotel destination and taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor for us. We aim to please an I am very happy that we were able to provide everything for you and your wife to make a memorable stay! Thank you for all the kind comments and I will certainly pass along the messages! We take all guest comments very seriously and use your feedback to help improve our hotel product and service.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Really enjoyed my time at The Lodge at Vail. Super friendly and knowledgeable staff, especially at the front desk and in the concierge. Nothing is too much trouble, and they go out of their way to make sure you have a good time. Special shout out to Callum Sims for helping me and my crew have a great time every day. The rooms are not huge but they have everything you need. You won’t be spending much time in the rooms anyway - Vail Village is at your doorstep.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Hello GeorgeCB254,
I would like to thank you for choosing The Lodge At Vail, A Rock Resort as your hotel destination and taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor for us. Thank you for the kind comments about our Front Desk Team and I will certainly pass along the message to Callum! As for location, being the first lodge built in Vail certainly has its perks. We take all guest comments very seriously and use your feedback to help improve our hotel product and service.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Do not go to this hotel. The service is awful. Nobody knows what they're doing. They said they booked me a shuttle to the airport for $75 at 7:30AM. I showed up at 7AM, and they had not booked it and didn't provide any help in finding alternatives. I had to find my own taxi at a cost of $500. They promised to be in touch with me to rectify it and they have not called me back for 2 weeks. Also, the concierge is a disaster. He recommended a restaurant that was closed. And another one for a fun bar scene that had not a single person in it. Awful place.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Isaac D
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Stayed in a 3BR/3BA condo (#348), booked through the hotel/Rock Resorts. Great location in Vail Village, as close as you can get to Gondola, walk to restaurants etc. If you are doing group ski school, you have to walk or shuttle to Golden Peak or Lionshead - so if you have kids, or group lesson skiers, think about staying closer to one of those areas for convenience (privates can go from gondola). Staff at hotel is great, starting with the valet/bell staff - Greg, Dylan, Patrick - also Nikki at concierge great. And special shout out to Callum Sims at the front desk, best customer service I’ve experience in a long time, thank you. The condo was a good set up - King/2 Queens/2 Twins (need to update your computer system), yes has a washer/dryer since all units do not, faces the village, but not too noisy. A couple weird things about the room - old and not good lighting, very warm in the first floor twin room, and small fridge in kitchen, and could use a couple extra chairs in the living room/breakfast table area. Had dinner at Elways (in hotel) one night which was awesome, our servers Shana and Joel were great. For a property that has been in Vail forever, they’ve done a decent job of keeping it updated, it’s not brand new feeling like Arrabelle in Lionshead, but overall very nice, have stayed here in lodge rooms several times too, and would stay again. A great trip for our group of 6 which included teenage kids and grandmother! P.s. daily s’mores by the fire pit good too!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for bed type you need if in condos and request washer/dryer since not all units have them
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hello CF7622,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of us on Trip Advisor. Being the first Lodge built in Vail certainly does have its perks when it comes to location! Thank you for all the shout outs to our Front Desk Team! I will certainly pass along all the messages! I am disappointed to hear we missed the mark regarding the unit you stayed in. Please be assured I have relayed your comments to our Property Manager, as we are always working with our condo owners to meet our guest’s expectations. Im happy to hear you enjoyed Elway's as well as our S'mores! We take all guest comments very seriously and use your feedback to help improve our hotel product and service.