All reviews murphy bed deluxe room fire pit filtered water front desk staff resort fee turn down service ski valet an upgrade hot chocolate valet service fantastic location off season cookies shops and restaurants apres ski full kitchen
Reviewed 18 February 2018

The lodge needs some renovation when compared to other Virtuoso hotels in town. Location is perfect, just meters away from gondola one. Definitely a hotel to choose. All others hotels in town are far from gondolas. Breakfast is perfect, and service is correct. Spa is great.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank as_discover
Thera S, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Hello as_discover,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on Trip Advisor for us. Being the first Lodge built in Vail does come with charm and location perks! I will certainly let our Cucina staff and Head Chef know that our breakfast is perfect! I will also let the Spa know that they too are great! Once again thank you for taking a moment writing our review and we hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 11 February 2018

For our annual ski trip, we chose Vail and instead of our usual stay at a Fairmont hotel, we chose to stay at The Lodge at Vail after some research. Boy, are we glad we did!
You simply cannot beat the location of this hotel, at the foothills of the slopes at Vail Village, a stone's throw from Gondola 1, the ski rental shop, and the village itself. This is close as it gets to ski in and ski out at Vail.
We arrived at 1pm, admittedly before the official check in time, but unlike at other hotels, they did not give us our rooms till after 4pm.....we spent those three hours sprawled all over their leather couches in the lobby, in front of the fire place, with a water and coffee dispenser at our disposal.
Our rooms, when they were ready for us, were reached by this convoluted route but when we walked in, it was definitely worth the wait. Rooms 390 and 391.....you have to go to the 4th floor and then walk through a hallway, down a skinny stairway and you are let into a room with direct access to the pool and hot tubs through the french windows at the back. And from the back, a view to behold and a shortcut to the slopes....it does not get any better.
It felt like housekeeping had forgotten about these hidden rooms as they were always the last to be cleaned but when I did call to ask why they hadn't come, a housekeeper was at my door within minutes. There's also turndown service.
The breakfast buffet at Cucina was a lovely start to our day and we made the most of it. Outside Cucina, the backdoor to the village itself, with an inviting firepit and comfy couches. Their version of happy hour is S'mores hour....all the things you need to make s'mores over the fire pit from 3pm-5pm. A delight for kids and grownups alike.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Sjrizvi

Hello Sjrizvi,
I wanted to reach out and personally thank you for taking the time to write such kind review on Trip Advisor for us. Being the first Lodge in Vail certainly does have its perks! Getting to your rooms does present a convoluted route but I do have to agree that those particular rooms do hold the hidden treasures that you have mentioned! I am happy to hear that our Housekeeping Team was able to provide prompt service upon your request. Thank you for the kind comments about Cucina, I will certainly pass along the mmessages that their services are a delight for both brerakfast and S'mores hour! Once again thank you for taking the time to review us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

The Lodge is a beautiful and comfortable hotel, in a perfect location by the slopes. You don’t need anything else for a perfect stay at Vail.
A special mention to the concierge Drew Shatto, extremely diligent to give an advice or solve a problem.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello Alejomvcc,
I wanted to reach out and personally thank you for taking the time to give us such a kind review on Trip Advisor. Being the first Lodge in Vail certainly has it perks, when it comes to location! I am dedlighted to hear that Drew delivered such a wonderful experience for you. I will certainly pass along the message to him! Once again thatnk you and we hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 3 February 2018

We just finished our 3rd year week-long stay at Lodge Tower in a 3-bedroom condo with our family. It was a terrific vacation and I can't say enough about the staff who are incredibly helpful, super nice and so upbeat. Our condo was very clean and had all the amenities needed for a comfortable stay. And it has the best location!! Pool/hot tub and Vail Gondola just steps from Lodge Tower. Walk everywhere! Looking forward to our 4th season stay in 2019!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Hello JoEllen310,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out such a kind review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you had such a great experience 3 years in a row! Thank you for your kind comments about the team, location, and amenities. I will certainly pass along the messages! Once again thank you for your kind review and we hope to welcome you back in the near future!
Waerm Regards,

Reviewed 31 January 2018

My husband and I stayed at The Lodge at Vail from 1/17/18 – 1/24/18. From the time of our arrival, every employee we encountered was friendly and helpful. Our room (a studio unit with a Murphy bed) was clean and well-appointed. The location of the hotel is ideal for skiing and for enjoying the restaurants, bars and shops in Vail Village. Unfortunately, I sustained a torn ACL on the mountain during our trip. The hotel sent a shuttle to pick us up from the ER and the driver, Dillan, could not have been nicer. The hotel even provided a wheelchair for me to use during the remainder of our stay. I would definitely recommend The Lodge at Vail.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello NBOrmond,
I wanted to reach out and personally thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. I am delighted to know that you still were able to enjoy our surroundings, under the circumstances. It genuinely warms my heart that our team was able to accommodate you in your time of need. I sincerely hope that you are feeling better and that we can welcome you back in the near future!