All reviews murphy bed deluxe room fire pit filtered water front desk staff turn down service ski valet hot chocolate valet service ski slopes off season cookies shops and restaurants fitness center full kitchen four seasons cucina
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed 3 weeks at The Lodge and enjoyed the skiing and the stay. The village is a copy of Zermatt and also is feeling in Vail. Excellent service and friendly staff. The in house restaurant offers excellent food. I enjoyed the gym and the spa (was a little small) but nothing missing.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LAV81657, General Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear marinelage,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your wonderful review! I agree, Vail definitely has all the style and characteristics of a quaint little town in the Alps. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our great amenities around the hotel like our fantastic RockResorts Spa. I hope you all choose to return for another great vacation in Vail, Colorado!

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

After several years not staying at the Lodge, it was nice to be back. Our deluxe double bed unit was excellent!
People were extremely nice.

The only thing to work on, is the time it took to have breakfast, the food was very slow coming out.

The hotel is well mantained, excellently staffed and the rides with the audi car were especially convenient!

Excellent location, and excellent service! A special shout-out to Alden at the Front Desk!

See you again next year!

Trip type: Travelled with family
LAV81657, General Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Dear Khaled N,

I am so happy we were able to welcome you all back after a few year hiatus! I agree, we have great services and staff, like Alden and our complimentary shuttle. We look forward to welcoming you all back again next year with the same fantastic service and location!

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed 4 nights at the lodge. Location was amazing; in front of the gondola and center of the village. Staff was amazing. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Spa was very nice and relaxing. Room and bathroom for a deluxe room were on the small size. The room temperature proved to be a big issue. It was a constant 80 degrees. Every time the engineer came to fix it-- it would go back to 80 in an hour. Even when we ran the air condition- it would shut down after sixty minutes. So sleeping proved to be very difficult. Also- in the morning it would take 40 minutes for room service to answer the phone. Other than this very annoying issue we enjoyed the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear CapriMoonNJ,

I am always so happy to hear great compliments about our amazing staff! It is thrilling to hear our service was so excellent and you enjoyed our amenities like our wonderful spa. Regarding the temperature issue in your room, we have remedied the problem and I apologize for any discomfort it caused you all. I hope to be welcoming you all back in the near future!

Reviewed 15 February 2017

The location cannot be beat, and it is very clean, with decently sized rooms. Free cookies, coffee, hot chocolate, etc. They also have a fire pit out back that is fully equipped for making s'mores. With all the s'mores ingredients free of charge. But, what caught me off guard is that the hot tub in the spa had broken jets. There are two other hot tubs, and out of those, one of them had broken jets. So, 2/3 of the outdoor hot tubs had broken jets. I stayed there for 4 nights and they still were not fixed.

Room tip: One of the closest to the lifts in Vail Village.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Rooney E

Dear Rooney E,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am so glad you all enjoyed all of our amenities around our property! I apologize about the broken jets, and I agree for a hotel of our caliber it is unacceptable. Parts were on order for both and they were quickly fixed, and we have made changes so we are able to repair them more quickly when future issues arise. I hope to be welcoming you all back for another amazing ski trip next season!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Super convenient to Gondola 1 and Vail Village. Easy access to all you want. Elways restaurant is a good spot. Employees made us feel at home and were very attentive.
Smores around the fire pit was a really nice touch.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I agree, we could not be more convenient to Gondola One and Vail Village! Everything is merely a few steps out our doors! I am glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed our wonderful staff and amenities. We all look forward to welcoming you all back for another ski trip next year!