“SPECTACULAR STAY!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Vail
Richmond, Virginia
“SPECTACULAR STAY!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

My family and I are still reaping the benefits of our incredible stay at the Vail Cascade Resort & Spa! We all came away refreshed, relaxed and happy! The rooms were spacious and inviting, the staff friendly and helpful and the concierge the best. We were all able to rent skis and equipment with ease and very much enjoyed the convenience of hopping the chairlift to the slopes at the foot of the resort. The shuttle to Lionshead and Vail Village runs often. So the morning ski school drop off was easy and allowed my husband and I a chance to enjoy some adult time over a cup coffee before hitting the slopes ourselves. Apres ski we relaxed by the pool with the children and then headed inside to the Fireside for half pipe pizza and many other tasty treats. The deep tissue massage by Ted is one of the best I have ever had. We are already planning our next visit to the resort!

1 Thank Hopesings
Brett S, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Hopesings,
We are thrilled to hear you and your family had a relaxing and fun vacation at Vail Cascade! Broad reviews such as yours are very valuable to Vail Cascade as we pride ourselves in exceeding guest’s expectations and providing the best in customer service. It sounds like your family was able to take advantage of all the amenities that make Vail Cascade unlike any other resort. Glad to hear you also enjoyed some alone time with your husband before a day on the slopes! We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon; please let me know if there’s anything I can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable.

Vail Cascade Resort
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

If the hotel is anything close to what the reservations process was, this will be the best hotel stay EVER!

It is very rare to come across superb service, but Ilka from reservations has redefined the standard. Her customer service has made us wait in anticipation to come enjoy the property with our family this coming Easter. Congratulations to the hotel for such great service!

Our reservation was complicated - she made it a breeze. THANK YOU ILKA.

1 Thank LatinExplore
Brett S, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear LatinExplore (Denver)

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent experience with Ilka, one of our outstanding reservations agents. We couldn’t agree with you more that she provides the best in customer service. At Vail Cascade Resort, we strive to exceed your expectations from the very start; from the ease of making your reservation, to our comfortable accommodations and AAA four-diamond service, to our stunning location along Gore Creek. Rest assured we want your stay over Easter to be one that you’ll remember forever and we’re delighted we made such a great first impression. With an Easter Brunch full of mouth-watering dishes, an Easter egg hunt for the kids, a special visit from the Easter Bunny and of course, the beauty of our spectacular surroundings, we can’t wait to welcome you to our resort for this very special family getaway.
Lakewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

I am basing this review not on my stay the Cascade... because I haven't stayed there yet. Rather this review is about a phone call. I recently booked a room for the beginning of April at the Cascade and I called to confirm my reservation. A cheerful sounding woman named Ilka took my call. She happily confirmed my reservation and asked about my upcoming trip. When I told her how I am coming with my two kid brothers (twelve and fifteen) she expressed genuine excitement for me. She enthusiasticly told me how great my trip will be and how she is reserving a two queen room for us. Her warm manner was special. I travel fairly often and have confirmed many bookings before and never have I felt so welcomed and wanted by any establishment. Mind you this was a prepaid booking, there is no backing out and they know that. I requested a rollaway for my little brother she regretfully told me that my booked room can't fit one. However she cheerfully assured me that when I arrive, the front desk will surely try to accomadate me if there is availability. (I sure hope they will. We aren't really the sleep in the same bed type :) I mentioned that i had seen a deal right after I booked that was a similar price but had the resort and parking fees waived. Without missing a beat she graciously waived the parking fee for me. She then very sincerely apologized that she couldn't waive the mandatory resort fee. What struck me was the sincere manner that she spoke with. She apologized sincerely a few more times throughout the phone call saying that she is so sorry she can't help me with the fee. This taught me a valuable lesson in costomer relations. Although I still may not be so happy about this fee, she sure took the sting out of saying no. She continued throughout the phone call to to make me feel so wanted by the resort. As if they can't wait till I come with my brothers so that they can host us. Time and again she excitedly told me how great my trip will be with them. Ilka got me more pumped up than I already am. She asked if I had any questions about the resort to make my stay the best it can be. She acted so thoughtful, gracious, and patient throughout our whole conversation. If this is the kind of people the Cascade hires just to answer the phones, I feel assured of the high level of hospitality they surely exhibit. I was kind of apprehensive after reading some mixed reviews but this reassures me. I know I will have a truly memorable trip with my brothers at this resort. I will be back after my trip to give you a more comprehensive review which I'm sure will be great. However I thought that this phone call warrented its own review. The Cascade sure taught me a lesson in hospitality and I appreciate that very much.

Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

just back from a great week in Vail at the Cascade-for what we paid I was very happy with the hotel-the rooms were large and comfortable,the breakfast buffet was pretty good and the staff were friendly and efficient.The hotel has it's own chairlift and is ski in,ski out which was fantastic.Although the hotel is quite a way from downtown Vail there is a very good shuttle service every 15 minutes which is free for guests.
My only complaint about the Cascade concerns tipping in the hotel bar-as we come to the U.S. a lot we are aware that we need to tip 20% when eating out and that we should tip when we have drinks in a bar.However,in the Cascade bar we found that some waiters added a 20% tip to our bill when we had drinks and other members of staff did not add any tip and left it to us to add a tip.When we ate in the hotel restaurant no tip was added and was left to our discretion.
I would be interested to here the hotel's explanation for this practice.Other guests we spoke too had the same experience.
This was the only negative during our stay and we should have complained at the time so its our own fault really but it does slightly mar what was a great week of sun and skiing.

Room Tip: pay a little more for an upgrade
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank fujiboy
Brett S, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear fujiboy,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed Vail Cascade’s accommodations, ski in ski out chairlift and complimentary transportation to Vail Village. We appreciate you sharing your feedback pertaining to auto-gratuity. Our policy is to add gratuity for groups of 6 or more and if there is a discount on the bill, then gratuity will be added based on the original amount. If we do automatically add gratuity to a bill due to group’s size, our staff should be informing guests before collecting payment. We value feedback from our guests and appreciate you bringing this to our attention as we will use this as a training opportunity to ensure we are clearly communicating this process going forward. Thanks again for staying at Vail Cascade and your informative review.
Vail Cascade Resort
Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

No one can argue that this hotel is in a great location. However, the rooms need to be updated. The decor is a bit dated. The biggest issue with the guest rooms is the lighting. There is a severe lack of lighting in the rooms. Furthermore, all the lighting in the room (two bedside lamps and one floor lamp) are all on one side of the room, which is as far as possible from the desk area. If you need to get work done in the room, you can really only do it during daylight hours. Also, the wifi signal in room 388 was weak. The signal is much better closer to the main lobby.
Aside from the location, some of the positives include the in-room humidifiers and the complimentary access to the full health club. If I had been traveling for leisure I would likely have been more positive about this property.

Room Tip: Stay closer to the lobby area for a stronger wifi signal
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear johnruda,
As one of the largest meeting resorts in Vail, reviews such as yours are imperative to our company considering that we cater to many guests staying at Vail Cascade for a conference, team retreat or work gathering. We take great pride in our “Destination Earth” program, which recognizes the need to preserve the world in which we operate and serve our guests, and have implemented certain practices that help to lesson our footprint on our changing environment. Although our rooms are designed to take advantage of the breathtaking views from our picturesque windows, we have informed our engineering team about the lighting and placement of the lamps in your specific guest room. While not all of the rooms are the same, we want to make sure we’re efficient in providing an appropriate work environment, comfortable sleeping arrangements and suitable space in all our rooms in an effort to make everyone feel at home while here on business. Thanks again for your review and we hope you do come back to enjoy Vail Cascade for personal vacation.