Sonnenalp(Vail)(Great Value!)
US$ 391
US$ 351
  • Pool
Christiania at Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
US$ 197
US$ 175
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 196/night.

Antlers at Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
US$ 220
The Sebastian - Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
US$ 394
US$ 350
US$ 671
US$ 491
US$ 361
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 441/night.

Vail Marriott Mountain Resort(Vail)(Great Value!)
US$ 216
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 313/night.

US$ 659
US$ 609
  • Pool
Austria Haus Hotel(Vail)(Great Value!)
US$ 268
US$ 219
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 243/night.

All reviewscookiesgreat locationfront deskbedroom condofree breakfastmountain sideevery afternoonmake your own wafflesparking structurefull kitchenhot breakfastfabulous stayski vailfarmers markethot chocolatebeautiful condomurphy bed
Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

Amazing staff, great location but a few issues. Our room felt like a private condo and had a fireplace, balcony, and fridge. The room faced north and was very noisy late night with the bar patrons headed home. Hated the common area with the room next to us. What a waste of space as why would anybody trust their gear out there. The bar in the basement has an amazing happy hour (for Vail). Would still probably stay here again but get a creekside room

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelGuyMontana
MattVail, Front Office Manager at Vail's Mountain Haus at the Covered Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review on Tripadvisor. I am glad to see that you were comfy and cozy within your unit. Our lodge rooms are a perfect fit for couples out here to get their final turns in for the season. I am sorry to hear that you had issues with the configuration of the unit and the noise of the villagers below. As repeat guest we do offer discounts and I will place instructions in your reservation to see that you have a beautiful stay during your next visit. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 14 April 2016

The location is excellent-near enough to the lifts and far enough down Main Street to avoid the noise from the crowds. The breakfasts were adequate but were free, which counts a lot. The staff is very accommodating and efficient. The cookies at four oclock in the lobby is a great touch, as is the coffee machine. It gets better every year, so I'll keep coming back.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo

Firstly, thank you for leaving us a review on Tripadvisor. We really appreciate it. We work hard prior to reopening our doors for the winter season to ensure that the changes that have been made are significant. Thank you for recognizing hard work and great service! We look forward to servicing you again in the near future. Thank you again for your feedback and have a great day.

- Sunny

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

My family has been staying at the Mountain Haus for years and years. The location is ideal, and the service generally is wonderful. Our children consider this to be a home away from home in Vail. This visit, we booked two separate three bedroom condos to accommodate our group of 11 people (my sister's family, my family and our parents).

I'm sorry to say we had some disappointments on this last visit including:

1. Soiled dirty sheets (crusty yellow substance)- and when I called down to the front desk to share this, a person came up immediately, and handed me the sheets to make the bed myself. They said nobody was there who could change the sheets. This was at 3pm, after a long travel day from the east coast when we woke up at 4am.

2. Suites with attic bedrooms- and steep stairs- not at all convenient for my 81 year old father

3. A non working television, telephones and other items. Maintenance seemed to be in our room every day trying to fix something. It was disruptive.

4. No ski storage area (in the past, the condos have always had a bench and area to put your skis in the room)

5. The elevator broke, leaving 5 members of my family trapped for nearly 20 minutes.
Unacceptable.

6. Dirty hot tub- after which both my sister and I broke out into a hive rash. Hers continued on for days and she eventually needed antibiotics to cure it.

7. Showers - inconsistent water pressure and spotty hot water. All of a sudden the water would just stop!

In our experience, the above items are quite out of the ordinary for the mountain haus, and as loyal customers, my mother met with the manager and reviewed all of our concerns near the end of our visit. As you can imagine, with two suites (3 bedrooms each) for 5 nights each, the bill was significant. Generally, the Mountain Haus is worth every penny. This time, I was disappointed that none of these items were addressed via a discount on our bill- particularly since we are multi year customers!!

I am hoping this experience was just unusual, and that the Mountain Haus is not slipping in their usual high standards of service.

We hope to return next year, but only if the above items are addressed.

Kind regards.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie C
Reviewed 4 April 2016

Just expected to rent a nice place for a night, but got so much more. The staff was incredibly friendly (but not cheesy friendly), they had a note and goodies waiting for us in our room welcoming us and were all-around fantastic. The dog at the front door was super friendly and our kids loved him.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
MattVail, Front Office Manager at Vail's Mountain Haus at the Covered Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2016

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. Hiring Lincoln, the Director of Pet Relations, has been a big benefit to the Mountain Haus! I’m happy to hear that the kids had a good time visiting him during your stay. We also appreciate the compliments about our staff and accommodations. We hope to see you again in the near future and welcome your family back to Vail. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

I don't have a single criticism about this place. Everything in one spot. Our room number 213 is small but perfectly appointed because were never in it. Has a refrigerator. No microwave. 179 a night in April. Hot tub and pool. Great ski rental guy in the hotel, John, use his services. Staff is amazing and accommodating. And the kicker free breakfast not just crappy rolls. Bacon omelettes waffles fruit yogurt cereal etc. in the lower level of the hotel is A bar the locals like call George's every no drink is over 475 and food and apps are super cheap. Also this hotel is right at the bus stop free to take you on the bus to Lionshead. I've been to bail a dozen times and stayed everywhere from the Ritz Carlton Lionshead and vail Village. For the price this cannot be beat. Oh, and fresh baked cookies and hot cocoa every afternoon. Oh and one more thing when we checked in there is a bag gift bag for us with yummy popcorn and chocolates.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of your stay on Tripadvisor. I am thrilled to hear that such world travelers like yourselves thought so highly of our services. We had a great time hosting you and whenever you return to Vail, please contact us or stop in for a cookie! It was an absolute pleasure meeting the two of you and again thank you for your kind words. Have a great day!

Sunny Frost