Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 06/07/22
Expedia.com$65
Travelocity$65
Orbitz.com$65
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

This is my 3rd visit to villa thongbura but I won't be coming back again. Why? 1. The staff. Lazy, always playing in their phones and can hardly seem bothered to help guests. They struggled to smile or even give guests a simple greeting. 2. The hotel. What was once a beautiful place has been let go to waste. We had one of the more expensive "Thongbura" rooms. One night a cleaner left several bin bags in the corridor outside our room and had been opened by some animal. The reception area which once offered a grand welcome now was littered with all kinds of things the staff could easily tidy away. There just seems to be no management of the place at all. There are certainly enough staff, but they simply don't care about anything. Very very disappointing.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2016

Very nice place to relax, beautifull pool, with bar, hotel staff is excellent. Distance to Jomtien beach is cca 10 min. by walk. Roos is very clear an silent. I was there in march 2016. Excellent service.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2016

I enjoyed the resort greatly and found the Accommodation was very good and the staff helpful and friendly.
To begin with, we booked the wrong room on the internet, that was my fault and telling the problem to reception, they took us to look at a number of different room options, which we settled with a 2 bedroom suite overlooking the main pool.
After that, on leaving, I realised I left my passport in the in-room safe. I called the resort and they went to great effort to return my passport to my and also check I was the correct person.
The bedding was comfortable and We all got a good night sleep. The room was nice and large and we felt comfortable.
The resort is about a 10 minute very easy walk to the beach so we could sit on the beach in the earlier parts of the day, then return to the pool at the resort.
On the subject of the pool, I had no complaints. Having owned swimming pools most of my life, I know when a pool is off or not. The only "debris" I could see in the pool was the flower blossoms, which actually added to the experience. I made a point to feel the walls and the water-line and the walls and it was clean. I think that because the pool is mostly tiled in green, on first view, it doesn't look so great to someone who is used to blue or other colored tiles. If you looked directly at the white tiles, they were very white.
So in summary, we had a great time.
The breakfast wasn't what you would expect from a 5-star resort, but it reflected the room cost. The same restaurant did a very nice evening meal.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

The staff were lovely and friendly. The room was big, clean and comfortable. We had a room that opened directly onto the pool and it was great. Massive pools and just the right depth for our son to splash around in. Breakfast was decent and plenty of it. Really, really quiet, you'd never know you were in the centre of Pattaya.
The downside. There are two great looking slides into the pool, neither of which were working and the staff had no idea if or when they would be fixed. There is a big gym, currently being refurbished and no idea how long it's going to take. They've shoved a load of gym equipment into a much smaller dark, dank and smelly room across the pool. The pool bar was closed and just stacked up with out of use furniture.
We did go in the off season but it would be nice to have been informed about the pool slides and the gym before we went.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2016

Booked this place online. Looked great on agoda, I used to live in Jomtien so I knew the location and it seemed to fit perfectly. Arrived at the back entrance and couldn't enter as you need a keycard to open the barrier. No security so I had to search online for the hotels number and call them, after explaining I had a booking they let me in. (used the front entrance after this)! Upon check in I could see the service was bad, one of the female staff was quite good, the rest are just lounging around on their mobile phones paying no attention to the guests. Rooms are good and the pool is really nice. Forget about the gym, that is not functioning and the area around the gym is a real mess!

That evening my mother had trouble opening the safety box, I asked reception for help where I was told we would have to wait until the following day for the manager to come with the master key. I said this was impossible as we needed her purse as her money was in there. They said 30 minutes and they can open, we waited at the limited seating area by the pool and enjoyed a drink. The key arrived and panic over!

Next morning we went for the breakfast that was included in the price of the room (50 UK pounds a night). The breakfast was very poor, not a lot of selection, the food that was there was cheap processed meats, dry rice, lazy staff leaving the trays of food virtually empty so we had to ask if there was more!

Last let down was in the pool area, staff hanging around in the lower pool bar area and my mother asked for a drink, they said she has to go to the bar. I asked the guy in Thai and he dragged his backside up and got our drinks, but his attitude was like he couldn't be bothered and we shouldn't have asked!

Overall, the resort is great, the pool area is really nice. The staff are the problem, they need a decent manager to lead them and also they need to be told no mobile phones when on duty!

Will I go back? Well probably not, Jomtien and Pattaya have so many hotels to choose from I will continue to try new places.

Room tip: Some of the ground floor rooms have step straight into the pool plus personal Jacuzzi
Date of stay: March 2016