“Very nice town park”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very nice town park”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

If you come into town with your car, this is the place to park. No fee and at least 4 hours of parking. Perfect spot to get on the trail following the river and hiking up to the BridalVeils Falls, which I highly recommend. Restrooms available.

Visited October 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Kayenta, AZ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“An alright place to stay (pros and cons)”
Reviewed 11 September 2005

Normally I've been luck (or unlucky) enough to find something that really appeals to me, or really turns me off. Town Park is smack dab in the middle. The cost was a bit higher than I'd normally expect for what's included (rustic camping, toilets), but it IS in downtown Telluride ~ about 2 blocks walk from the end of the historic main street. I was fairly put-off that the showers were pay only (er, so you only pay for Hot water, but who wants a cold water shower in Sept?) ~ I believe it was $2 for 5 minutes of hot water. The tent sites are split into 'primative' and 'regular'... the difference (besides half the price for Primative) is that you can't drive right to the primative sites ~ you have to pack your gear over a small stream, and then follow paths back to the 5 (?) sites. The 3 I looked at were all Very small/crowded with nature and ALL of the tent sites were dirt... or in my case, mud. Some had passable flat spots for pitching a tent and having a reasonable nights sleep, some didn't (to be fair, you pick the site before paying for it ~ so I was able to inspect them). There's NO fires allowed, though I think I saw a built-in charcoal grill through the rain.

I can honestly say that we will never stay at this site again. With National Forest Land sites less than 10 miles up the road, we'll stay at one of those. Then again, neither my wife or I are the kind of people to do stuff in town where being in walking distance is a bonus (shopping, watching movies, whatever).

1 Thank Brian M