“A must stop for a friendly atmosphere with good eats!”
Review of La Cocina de Luz

La Cocina de Luz
Ranked #17 of 73 Restaurants in Telluride
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Description: La Cocina de Luz is a counter service restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner with whole foods/organic style Mexican cuisine. We also provide margaritas, beer and wine, fresh juices, full espresso/coffee service and handmade ice cream. The ambience is casual, festive and family friendly. We have a large patio with gardens and fountains that we share with Caravan middle eastern foods. We accept visa and mastercard!
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Every time we visit T Ride we enjoy the delights of La Cocina de Luz with family and friends. This visit I enjoyed the flavors of two vegan ice creams while others had their more typical organic options. The weather was perfect to be able to enjoy ice cream in their outdoor seating area. Then the next morning we ate a delicious breakfast to include a GF blue corn waffle. The chips and salsa bar is a real bonus although I suggest going light on them since the plates are truly filling. My husband started eating here when he was a local and I while living in Gallup many moons ago. We have seen places come and go and appreciate this reliable, friendly and affordable (for T Ride) establishment to visit upon each return.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Service was friendly enough and the food came out in about 10 mins.

Food was very good and good quality. A little pricey but probably typical for the area. There are self serve chips and salsa which were all very good. A few salsas to choose from. The red was my favorite.

Nice setting right on the main stretch. There is outdoor seating but I stayed inside.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Like it says. Our party of three got two acceptable but not memorable breakfasts, and one (waffle) that didn't work at all. Service was a bit slow but they were still getting the place turned on for the day. Good sit-down breakfasts in Telluride are curiously hard to find, but it's possible to do better than this. No opinion on lunch, etc.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Fresh, tasty fare. Highly recommend vegan sampler plate at $13. Salads are exquisite. local and often organic veggies. outdoor seating is good. Friendly staff. margaritas available. organic ice cream. reasonably priced considering it's telluride. Don't recommend the vegan tamales- bland.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Good Lord. So many problems here. Not even crowded here and they did not get the order right....not even close and totally uncaring it was wrong. If I wasn't hungry I would have got another but I soldiered on. Terrible terrible burrito. Staff disengaged and aloof. Never again for a $19 burrito!

1  Thank bobD7232FS
Lucas P, Owner at La Cocina de Luz, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

We are making significant changes to our front of house staff to remedy the situation. I want to know what was wrong with the burrito though so I can talk with the kitchen. Thank you for your review.

Been to La Cocina de Luz? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK