New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Gold Canyon, Arizona
“Off season stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

I thought it would be fun to stay in Telluride during the off season in mid May. I got a good rate on Expedia. We were a bit disappointed that the hotel restaurant was closed and we had to go out for breakfast- things are not inexpensive in Telluride. The rooms were comfortable and spacious. Ours had a balcony but it was a bit too chilly to take advantage of it. The lobby of the hotel was very inviting with a large fireplace and sofas and chairs that begged us to close down the day with a glass of wine (we brought our own).The town is small but everything was within walking distance of the hotel. We were there on a Sunday night so there were only a few restaurants open. The staff was helpful and went over all the restaurant options and what was closed/open. If you go off season, just recalibrate your expectations and you will be fine.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Debbie H
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

The Hotel Telluride was filled with beautiful antique rugs and interesting early 20th century travel posters. Our room was very comfortable and elegant without being fussy.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I celebrated out 9th anniversary at the Hotel Telluride. It is our second trip to this hotel. The rooms are great, large, microwave, refrigerator. We were actually upgraded to a King deluxe because it was off season and it was our anniversary. Because of it being off season they do not have some of the amenities available. They did not have the town shuttle, no breakfast buffet, but they did have made to order options, I have read about cookies in the lobby around 4pm and I never saw anything like that. The staff are helpful if you need anything, they drew us maps to show us the open restaurants in town. We asked for a DVD player in the room and they give you their library card so we rented movies from the library, and they even returned them back to the library when we were done.

The reason I didn't give a 5 rating is because I know we left an iPhone charger and my husbands trunks and my swimsuit. I called the night we checked out and told them I had left my charger and they said they would ask the housekeeping manager. I called again the next morning to say that I had also left our swim suits. He said that was weird because housekeeping had cleaned the room and someone else was in the room. When I got home I checked all my luggage even though I knew I left these items and did not find them. I received an email about my charger saying that they didn't find it. I called again to ask about the swimsuits and the lady told me that 2 people had searched the room and there was nothing there. It is my fault in the first place for leaving the items but I do not see how 3 things can disappear out of thin air.

Anyway, I am not holding anything against them, I don't know why anyone would want our bathing suits anyway! :) I was just hoping to get them back is all. The Hotel Telluride is kind of a tradition for our anniversary and I am sure we will be back again. Next time I would like to go after off season to enjoy more of the town.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
srsmith, Front Office Manager at The Hotel Telluride, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. The swimsuit and trunks did turn up. They had been sent out with the laundry. Once we had them in hand, we sent them to the guest at no charge.
Arlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel from March 31st through April 6th 2012. The hotel is small and beautiful and the staff couldn't have been nicer. The location is great right downtown and a short walk to all the downtown resturants. However, they have a wonderful van service and if you don't feel like a short walk they will gladly drive you. Great shuttle service to the slopes as well. The hotel also offers breakfast if you take that option and it is well worth it. The breakfasts at The Nook were fabulous. Nice happy hour and a half too, with warm fresh baked chocolate chip cookies in the lobby every afternoon. Again the staff could not have been more friendly or accomodating.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank travelcatArlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I just returned from 5 days at the Hotel Telluride and this was one of my best travel experiences ever! I travel quite a lot, so this is really saying something. The hotel was beautiful, wonderful views and excllent location, the staff super friendly and attentive, and complimentary door to door shuttle service was a huge bonus. And lets not forget the breakfasts which were incredible. In addition, they set us up with a wonderful rental delivery service Black Tie, who comes to the hotel (or slopes) upon your request, with excellent equipment and service. And the hotel provides a 20% coupon for this service.

I very rarely take the time to write up about my travel experiences, but I just cannot say enough about this wonderful experience. I love the Hotel Telluride and I will most definatley be back. I hear that the owners also own the Sky Hotel in Aspen, which is also one of my very favorite places for a ski vacation. So it comes as no surprise that I really enjoyed my stay at Hotel Telluride. Thanks so much and see you next year!

Room Tip: Request a mountain side room