“Nice Bed, needs an ice machine on the 3rd floor” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Sterling
Montevideo, Minnesota
“Nice Bed, needs an ice machine on the 3rd floor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

I loved the bed in this hotel. Best night's sleep in a long time. The staff was friendly and competent, the rooms and hallways were clean. The price was right when you include the average breakfast fare offered. I would stay here again and I recommend it to you, but I wish I didn't have to go all the way to the first floor from my 3rd floor room to get a bucket of ice.

Room Tip: Get one close to the only ice machine in the hotel on the first floor
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

Arrived in Sterling on July 9 2012 and chose Comfort Inn because im a choice hotels member. I wanted a cheap place to stay in Sterling. I wouldve stayed at Super 8 Travelodge or BW Sundowner. Walked into my room to be greeted by a big hairy deadly spider. Then i found a pile of worms in my tub. I wouldve asked for another room but left and stayed at the nice Super 8. I am canceling my membership with Choice Hotels immendiantly.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Tree2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

The staff at this hotel is extremely friendly and helpful - housekeeping needs a little attention to detail. There was something gross smeared on the bedspread - I told the front desk when we left for our party at 4 PM - we returned at 12:30 AM and nobody had changed it. I actually had to go to the front desk and get a new bedspread.....really. When a customer asks to have something changed because there is something gross smeared on it - I would think that would be a higher priority.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Ankeny, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

First of all, we booked and paid considerably more for the advertised "1 bedroom suite with a king bed and sofa sleeper" but upon entering our room found only a slightly bigger than average room with a king bed and sofa sleeper separated by only bedside tables. I was sure we'd been given the wrong room as this is certainly not a suite by anyone's understanding...but was informed there are no guest rooms in this hotel that have an actual separate bedroom as advertised.
So we were stuck with this overpriced room and I needed to get my kiddos to bed as it was getting late. Upon opening the sofa sleeper, I noted the sheets and thin blanket to be very untidy. With a closer look, it was obvious that the bedding was soiled (hairs, speck of who knows what, clipped toenails.....a PAIR OF DIRTY BLACK SOCKS between the sheets!) I called the front desk and informed them that we'd need clean bedding for the sofa sleeper as it was soiled. After waiting 30 minutes, I went down to the front desk and inquired again about the clean bedding. The clerk's shift had changed and this new staffer knew nothing of my request. I did eventually get a new top sheet and a thin blanket...not exactly luxurious bedding....and made the bed myself.
The majority of the rest of the room was clean. The bedding on the king was at least clean but just your basic sheets and thin blanket. No comforters like most decent hotels have these days. The pillows on the bed are not standard, more "travel pillow" size....and I had to give two of them to the kiddos as there were none in the room for the sleeper sofa. The actual bed (mattress) is comfortable. The bathroom at first glance seemed OK - newer vanity and shower surround...but then I saw the streak of blood on the shower curtain and the garbage by the wall under the vanity - yuck! Towels and toiletries were adequate. Good water pressure in the shower. There is a microwave and fridge in the room although we didn't use them so I'm not sure of their functionality.
The room was very warm when we arrived and took about an hour to cool down. The A/C seemed to function fine...that's just how warm the room was upon arrival.
Halls and lobby appeared clean. We arrived late (around 10:30pm) and there was very little noise in the hotel on this weekday stay. The pool was closed when we arrived, so I can't comment on that.
My daughter liked the cookies found in the lobby when we arrived...and I noted there was also coffee available.
I won't be staying again as I found the hotel to be very overpriced for a very average room.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank puglover71
Grayslake, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

Clean rooms. Very comfortable beds. Good water pressure. Breakfast with many choices including fresh fruit, waffles, eggs and sausage. Room space more than adequate for 4 in the suite.
Hot tub was good after 15 hour drive that day