“Clean, cheap, no frills”
Review of Western Lodge

Western Lodge
Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Reviewed 5 September 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Western Lodge over Labor Day 2005. It's nothing fancy, but if you're looking for clean, and cheap this is the place. It's at the edge of downtown and within walking distance of many restaurants. Plus, Steamboat has a free bus system, so you can get around quite easily.
Our hotel room was quite spacious and had a small refrigerator in it. It worked well for us.

• Stayed: September 2005
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Western Lodge

A TripAdvisor Member
Lafayette, CO
Reviewed 12 May 2005

My boyfriend and I decided to try to find a good deal for a hotel in Steamboat springs for Presidents day weekend. I had contacted the Western Lodge that Wednesday before and the lady quoted me 42.00 a night and the room avaliable (which was the only room available) was a two queen bed room. I called around to different hotels, and when I called back to make a reservation the next day, the "owner" said that the price just went up to 84.00. I explained that I had talked to someone the day before and they quoted me of 42.00 a night, and asked him if he would honor the price I was given the day before. He said no because the person I talked to the day before was wrong on the pricing. I also mentioned that when I checked on his website it also mentioned 42.00 a night. He said because there were two queen beds, he is charging 42.00 a bed a night. I explained that it was only my boyfriend and I (we will obviously be sharing a bed), and he said he understood that, but there are two beds in the room and he charged by the bed not the room. Needless to say we did not stay there.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member