“Avoid this location!!!”
Review of Western Lodge

Western Lodge
Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Reviewed 21 February 2016

Avoid this location at all costs. The room was $84.00 and with taxes and fees came out to $93.00 for the night. Big mistake, after being on the road for 12 hours we (my wife and I) thought any room would do. We thought in a ski town during skiing season this is a great deal!!! NO way was this a fair, good, or great deal.
The mirrors were dirty, The sheets and blankets were dirty, we felt like taking a shower after driving that long. No way the shower was disgusting!!!
The mattresses were wrapped in a a rubber sheet. To be even more ridiculous they wrapped the box springs in a rubber sheet!!! so when you moved in bed the rubber sheets gave a nice surface so that the mattress moved every time you moved. The beds they claimed were singles. At 6 feet 2 inches and 240 pounds this created feet, arms head etc that were over the edges of these beds. They must have requested the un-super size single beds. They were small.
I spent years in the USN and never had a night worth of sleep that was this bad!!! Slept on every continent, over 20 ships and over 30 countries. This hotel took the award for worse nights sleep ever!!! This includes taken naps in two war zones!!!!
They had a flat screen TV and it was the size of a large tablet. I did not know they made flat screens this size!!!
There was a typed notification on the wall that "they take inventory before and after every occupancy" what foolishness. There was absolutely nothing we saw of any value in the room. Included a picturte of one of there chairs. If I sat on it I was afraid it would break!!

Room Tip: no tips for this place except "Avoid"
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Celtic-Creek-Trading
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

This hotel is outdated and in need of serious repairs. The rooms are super old with super old bathrooms and showers. Pretty filthy to be honest. Won't be going there again and I wouldn't recommend it either.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kitty70
Reviewed 23 December 2015

If I could rate this place a negative 10 I would. I have stayed in many hotels that range from hyatt to motel 6. I would rather sleep in my car than stay here. I booked a room online for 2 nights. Once I got into town some family insisted I stay with them so I asked the lady at the front desk if I could cancel the 2nd night. She told me yes. When I arrived a foreign man was at the desk and told me no. When I explained the lady earlier had told me yes he said "you will have to talk with her in the morning" Once I got into the room everything was old and outdated with dingy carpet and thought the room was advertised as nonsmoking, it smelled of smoke. I was going to suck it up and stay, but when I pulled the covers back there were multiple human hairs on the sheets. I informed the man at the desk and asked for a different room or for that one to be cleaned. He called me a liar and forced me to leave yet still charged me for both nights. I came back later with the police and he still refused to refund me even for the 2nd night which was agreed upon saying that I had insulted him. I have never received such poor customer service in my life and that includes cable companies!!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank robyn k
Reviewed 19 October 2015

Last week, I stayed at The Western Lodge in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. I was visiting friends last minute and booked on Expedia.com. Unfortunately, I have not been able to write a review on their site, which recommends this motel. I've traveled all over the world and have never felt the need to write a review before. PLEASE STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!! It is the WORST place I have ever seen, and I don't stay in fancy places. There were bugs on the bed, the shower curtain had splashes of brown substances on it, the room stunk of stale cigarette smoke, and nothing looked clean. It was so gross I didn't allow my belongings in the room. I went out that night with friends and slept on a couch instead. Seriously, pay the extra $20 and stay at the Nordic Lodge next door. If I hadn't sunk $80 into the Western Lodge already and had a place to crash, I would have gladly stayed at another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank StevieGirlie
Reviewed 8 September 2015

This hotel had the cheapest rates in town, so we weren't expecting much. Under $70 a night in Steamboat Springs on Labor Day weekend works for me. The rooms were clean, but old and rundown. The bed was terribly uncomfortable, but the shower had good water pressure and plenty of hot water. The owner was quite charming and friendly. An interesting fellow, for sure. The location was excellent. The room was quiet and was perfectly fine for staying in Steamboat on a budget.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends