See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Do not stay here, ever! The owner is a jerk (I'll keep it clean). He threatened to have our vehicles towed because we parked near his office door and he lost business because our vehicles were parked there. News flash: no one wants to stay at this place.....you didn't lose any business and if anyone wanted a place to stay and couldn't find the office because our trucks were parked in front of the door- we did you a favor!

The room was horrible! My buddy pulled the sheets back and found hair all over the sheets. We slept in our jackets and pants on the outside of the comforter. The pillows were gross and stained-I used a bath towel to lay on.

This guy has to go! Could be a good place if the right owner had it. This guy needs to go back to Russia.

The only reason I gave this one green circle is I had to! I would give it a negative rating.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tim S
Reviewed 6 January 2014

my wife and I stayed here jan. 3 2014. we usually find the cheapest hotels to stay at. we are not real picky. all we need is a clean room, bed and basic amenities.
are room had a bad foul odor. the room was dirty. the walls, pillows and mattress. there is no bath soap or shampoo. the mattress is rapped in plastic and is from the 60's or 70's. can tell by the avocado green and orange strips. + it smells like it. we went for two nights and could not stay the second. we like basic hotels and are not picky but you will not like this hotel unless you are into stinky, filthy, rooms.
also are friend came with us. they couldn't stay either night. the smell in their room smell like someone died in it and was making them sick. they were unable to get their money back.
the rooms have not been updated for 30 or 40 years.
its cheap and you get what you pay for

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jutin n
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Stayed here two nights, it is basicly a motel style place, the rooms were very basic but had the needed necessitities. Breakfirst was basic and could be improved, internet was free and generaly of good speed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My family owned the Western Lodge from 1967 to 1976. We took so much pride in the lodge and now it is a run down pit. My wife and I wanted to enjoy a trip back in time this summer and were turned away by a sketchy owner and a freighting room. The rooms had the same furnishings as when my folks sold it, the exterior was run down and as disgusting as the interior of the rooms.
Thank goodness it was not reserved and money not exchanged. We stayed elsewhere. So sad to see a fond part of my life turned into a trash heap. Stay at your own risk, and my apologies to those that enjoyed our hospitality in the distant past.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My friend and I wanted a room and asked for a single bed (it's cheaper at most places). The owner refused to give us a room because "he doesn't do that" for people of the same sex. I have never been refused service at any establishment in any state.

I was only in the lobby, but I can still make the following comments.
1. The hotel smelled horrible. It smelled like a cross between cat pee and mothballs.
2. Everything about that place is old, outdated, smelly, and not at all conducive for an enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel. Never. There are much better and nicely priced hotels in Steamboat Springs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends