“Good food but over priced”
Review of Rock Away Inn

Rock Away Inn
Ranked #11 of 19 Restaurants in South Fork
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Really doesn't look like much from the outside and appears to be small, but once inside I thought the decor was very good and much roomier than appeared. Reminds me of a mountain hunting lodge, very rustic and very nice. The food was hot, but since it was fish, it was obviously pre breaded and frozen. Still was well done, salad and dressing was good. The waitress was very attentive and did a good job, maybe because at the time we were the only customers there, but took time to visit with us. Only objection is I think they are over priced. We had the fish and chips for 16.00, hamburgers were 12.00 and most steaks were between 22-28.00 Priced like a high end steak house. If I was looking for a good steak and price no option it would be pretty good. Doesn't open till 5pm.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived late and they were out of baked potatoes. I had trout and it was good. My husband had shrimp scampi and it was ok. The prices were high but the service was great.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Made reservations for prime rib night. Arrived as scheduled, were seated and then we were told thee was no more prime rib. Left nd went to another restaurant.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

The food was so good- HUGE Ribeye was cooked perfectly and very reasonably priced. Meals come with salad, side(s), & a small desert. The claret wine sauce on the ice cream was the best I've ever had - such a treat!
Service was great and the owner was so nice & friendly. It doesn't look as impressive from the outside, but we are so glad we stopped. Highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

Great food. Quaint setting. Good service.
We always the delicious food and went twice this trip. Definitely the best place for dinner in Southfork!