“Prime rib night”

Ranked #11 of 19 Restaurants in South Fork
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

A big board on the sidewalk advertises Prime Rib, Once a week we would see the sign and decided to make a RESERVATION for that evening for their prime rib special. We were seated promptly in a very small area that was quite musty and served a couple of glasses of some Cabernet I can't describe. Half way into our wine we ordered our Prime Rib. A couple of minutes latter a woman tells me that they are out of prime rib. I mentioned that we have made a reservation for prime rib and even asked before we were seated about the prime rib. She insisted there was no prime rib. Did not ask if we wanted anything else, just That there was no prime rib. I asked why she would serve us the wine when we had said we had come for prime rib? She simply said no prime rib. No apology no nothing. I asked for the check and paid. Maybe they don't serve Mexicans? Bad service bad attitude. Went to the Windsor Hotel for a fabulous meal. Don't waste your time.

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

tasty food (salad, pasta, meat), friendly staff (served us dinner, even though we arrived when closing up) and cozy place! thx!

Reviewed 18 September 2016

I had a late evening dinner, they were closing but stayed open to serve me. I had a beef patty with mushroom sauce. It came with a vegetable and baked potato for a reasonable price. I would stop again.

Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

Found this place by accident, decided to give it a try. Wow. Just wow!! First the service: server's name was Christian, he was very friendly and helpful, checked on us frequently but didn't hover. Second the food: portions were huge, really large and great quality. The cook was excellent just add ordered. I would recommend Rock Away to anyone for great food. We were camping in Cathedral Campground and this place was a welcome addition to our trip. In from Tulsa Oklahoma and when we come back will be sure to stop here!!

Reviewed 19 January 2016

Stop by it's not hard to find but is easy to miss if you aren't looking. John owns and is the chef it is an old west log restaurant great atmosphere you will enjoy, great prime rib, See ya there