3 people are viewing this hotel
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$506
Travelocity$506
Destinia.com$568
All reviews lobby bar marriott points big tvs front office manager car service these issues perfect location slope side enjoyed our stay hot tub jamal kj blanco transportation valet skiing tubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 March 2022

I can't say enough good things about out experience at Viewline! First I'll start with the obvious, the place is beautiful, ski-in ski-out, the rooms very comfortable and decorated beautifully. The restaurant downstairs has great food and the lobby bar has a very nice atmosphere with live music.
That's what you can see but here's the best part of all....the staff, from the Manager, front desk, concierge all led by an amazing Director are all so friendly, competent and happy to make your stay everything you could possibly hope for! We had a little snag when we arrived (not at this property) but with the help of the director our vacation was saved!! Thank you Viewline and Mrs C for all you did to make our trip unforgettable!

Date of stay: February 2022
General Manager, General Manager at Viewline Resort Snowmass, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2022

Thanks for being our guest at Viewline Resort Snowmass and for joining us while you were in town to hit the slopes. It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest, and we hope that your five-star rating means you have plans to come back again soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2022

I just got back from a trip where I had a group of 55 people stay at the Viewline. Overall, I was quite pleased with the hotel, and would recommend it to others.

The rooms were very nice, with beautiful bathrooms and big TVs on the wall. The lobby and common areas were perfect and gave a great view of the mountain. The staff was super friendly, especially where it counts. Kudos to the ski valet crew....possibly the best I ever experienced! The food options were very good, plus the Snowmass Mall next door has lots of good options. I especially loved the First Chair coffeeshop.....awesome breakfast sandwiches and coffee. We had a bunch of billing issues (they just implemented a new system), but the front desk was able to resolve these issues very quickly.

It's ashame to see so many bad reviews here. I think there is a portion of the clientel in Aspen that has zero tolerance for mistakes....I would suggest taking these negative reviews with a "grain of salt". A mile walk to your room? Come on.....seriously? Were there issues? YES, but the staff was very friendly and worked hard to address the issues quickly. My only complaint is that the elevators are very annoying. Super slow!

Overall, my whole group loved this hotel, and we hope to be back soon....

1  Thank marksU7009TQ

We're so happy to hear that you and your entire group had a wonderful stay. While we're sorry that there were some issues during your visit, we're very grateful that our friendly team could address them to ensure an overall enjoyable visit. The next time you're looking for comfortable accommodations and great amenities in a prime location, think of us!

Reviewed 11 March 2022 via mobile

STAY AT ANYWHERE BUT HERE!!!!!
We stayed here twice in the past when it was Westin. We never liked the room and worst being half of hotel rooms require to take 2 different elevators and it’s literally more than a mile walk each way. But we liked the location so when it said it went through major upgrade and it was upgraded to Autograph Collection, we decided to give it a try. HORRIBLE IDEA!!!!

Never in my dream they got worse but they did. WTH?!?! Nothing changed (if anything maybe some carpets?!) and now even have worse service!
And elevator doesn’t work (the call button from the ski valet) therefore you wait till someone happens to come down or walk up 2 flight of stairs in your ski boots. Then you take 2 different elevators and walk more than a mile to your room.

Horrible service, ridiculously overpriced. The only saving grace is the ski valet team.

Stay at St Regis (it’s about the same price but because of the location we chose here as lifetime Platinum member at BonVoy). Or stay at Viceroy. People speak very highly of that place. Wish we stayed there.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 97jinnyc

Guest feedback is always appreciated and welcome, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We're very disappointed to hear that you were not impressed with our various updates and that you had concerns regarding service. It's our goal to help every guest have a fantastic stay. Rest assured, your comments have been discussed and we've used them to improve. We cannot change the past, but it's our hope that you'll join us again in the future. We'd be grateful for the opportunity to not only meet your expectations but to exceed them.

Reviewed 9 March 2022 via mobile

Awesome guy, took good care of us. Very friendly. Timely and kind. Stopped by at a gas station to let us get some beer and snacks. Will be riding again in the future Best shuttle ride I’ve ever had. Shout out Chris !!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Wow! This is what we love to hear. Thank you so much for the five-star rating and for taking the time to leave us such a great review. We hope that this means you have plans to come back for another memorable getaway!

Reviewed 2 March 2022

My family spent a total of 8 nights at the ViewLine heading into Presidents Day weekend. Some of the highlights of the property:
1) The esthetic and functionality of the room is great -- lots of storage, clean and the pull out sofa was great for the kids (we booked a premium mountain view suite)
2) The location is great - right on the slope and near some great restaurants in the Mall for dinner
3) The Starks restaurant served excellent dinner (had the branzino and roasted chicken)
4) Staff is generally helpful and empathetic when issues develop
5) Spa treatment was great
6) Ski valet team are exceptional and on top if it! They are very attentive and really make getting on the slopes easy.

I experienced some of the other reviewers HVAC issues. When we arrived for check-in and got to our room (easy and smooth check-in), the room was reading 78 degrees. I immediately called the front desk as I was aware of the potential for problems from reading other reviews. We left our bags packed as we walked around the mall and familiarlized ourself with the property while Ingrid at the front desk took responsibility and had engineering check out our room. She was incredibly helpful and empathetic and realized we had a long stay in a premium room. When we arrived back, they confirmed that the AC was not functioning properly so they Ingrid provided an upgraded suite. We were happy to accept and Ingrid even made sure engineering confirmed the AC was working. They moved our bags and we began to settle in the new room. It was right on the slopes with a great view, separate bedroom with a full bathroom and a sitting/dinning area with a 1/2 bath -- perfect for our family. As we were settling in, we noticed that the overhead lights and the bathroom lights were not working. Included in that was the chandelier light above the dinning room. We contacted the front desk again and they sent engineering up pretty quickly. The units have a power saving feature that requires you to put your room key card into a slot to allow the lights to work. This was malfunctioning, so they replaced it and the lights began to work. The chandelier still didn't work and the engineer believed that there was a part missing that had not arrived. I imagine not many of the rooms have this light fixture since it was one of the larger rooms they have with a dinning room. He told us that he expected it to arrive early during our stay. (It never arrived and this never was repaired during our stay). Otherwise, everything seemed great.

On our 2nd night, I noticed an odd gurgling sound was coming from the shower drain randomly for several minutes then would stop. Not too annoying, but noticeable, so I let them know about it the next morning just to check it. Later that day, they said engineering couldn't find anything or hear anything. I did some more investigating, going as far as taking a video. I also noticed that it was occurring when the AC was running. My theory is that the condensing unit was tied into the plumbing and was somehow blowing air into the plumbing causing the gurgling. I let them know this and an engineer came out and said that he was aware of the same situation in one other room, but they hadn't been able to solve it. Again, not too annoying, but certainly worth investigating.

Skiing was wonderful and we enjoyed Stark's a couple nights as well as the bar in the evenings. Andreu was great and made some great Old Fashioned and Last Words. We always found the lobby bar comfortable and enjoyable. The circular gas fireplace with all of the large windows really was wonderful especially during the snow.

Our children arrived mid-week and our daughter commented that during an evening shower, the hot water ran out, but then came back. We thought nothing of it, until I had to awake early and get ready for a conference. No hot water!! I waited about 10 minutes for it to get warm. I called the front desk but they said that engineering didn't report in until 7:00, so a cold shower I took! I thought it would be a once off. The hot water issue continued for us through the last 3 days of our trip. Engineering was never able to rectify it, and honestly, I don't know if they even looked into it. I know it was heading into Presidents Day weekend, which is typically a busy time, so I don't know if it affected other people, or was isolated to our room. It got to the point that we requested access to another room to shower on our check-out day, just to have a predictable hot shower. They, as always, were apologetic and made it happen.

Do you remember the issue about the lights not working originally in the room? Well this begin to happen each day after day 3. Engineering would come in, check the card switch -- and replaced it again. The engineer noticed this didn't fix it and found that the breaker had been flipped. We didn't have any electrical device (other than phone chargers) plugged in. It would happen at a random time - another time when I was getting ready for my conference -- cold shower, with no lights?!? Not fun... Again, the frequency of these events increased to the point when we checked out (a day early due to impending weather, but also due to exhaustion of dealing with issues with our room), that the power was going off incessantly. We had 2 engineers hanging out with us in our room trying to problem solve as we were packing up. A bit odd. They would think they found the solution, the lights were on -- 15 minutes later, they would go off again.

Some other negative things outside of our particular room: the hot tub was warm, but definitely not hot. I would say it was 95 degrees, but when the ambient temperature is around 20 degrees, you want it warmer than that. Also, there were no outside or pool lights on that I noticed. To the extent, we had to use our cell phones to light our way in and out. Not a very safe situation.

Now the one question you may have, why didn't they offer us another room and why didn't we take it? These episodes didn't really escalate until the later half of our trip. By that time, all the premium suites were occupied and they had no comparable room to offer us. Also, we had more than settled into the room....

The front desk team had certainly got to the point where they knew me by name when I would call. They were always kind and empathetic, but you could get the sense that these kind of issues were not isolated to my room alone. One team member recommended that I leave comments with their management team. As we got to that point, I was committed to checking out early and didn't want to spend 20 minutes (or more!) rehashing our entire experience. Rather, I resolved myself to get the contact information for the general manager and the front desk manager and draft an email while on the airplane returning home. I was given both (or so I thought) and drafted the email and sent it over a week ago. I was not expecting anything in return, but at least an acknowledgement of the issues, if not for me, but for the next guest that may have our room... I have not received any correspondence from either manager (or anyone from the property).

In short, this property has such potential -- great location, the renovation is esthetically and functionally pleasing. However, given the fundamental electrical and plumbing issues in one of the best rooms in the hotel makes me question the systems of the entire property. It is like they repainted a rusty car and never really looked into the mechanical systems that make the car run. Again, maybe I had an unlucky, crazy experience, but I have never had consistent issues like this -- in all my life. My family will not be returning to the property and I encouraged the conference leader to not consider returning to the property. For all of the good time we had in Snowmass, I can't help but share all of the crazy issues we had with our hotel when I talk about the trip to family and friends. It really was just unfortunate -- the skiing was incredible, the location and ski-in/ski-out is what my family loves about ski vacations -- looks like we will just have to do that elsewhere in the future.

Room tip: Make sure the AC works!
Date of stay: February 2022
3  Thank christopherhQ5979AW

We know that your time is valuable, so thank you for sharing such comprehensive feedback. As you mentioned, we have made some updates and are working hard to ensure a fantastic experience for every guest who walks through our doors. That said, we sincerely apologize for any missed communication and for any disappointment with your stay overall. Your comments will help us make effective changes, so we hope that you will consider joining us again down the line to experience the many ways in which we've improved.