Family vacation over Spring Break '12. Our kids loved the loft with exposed wood beams, their own full bathroom and the treehouse like feel. I liked that the loft opens up the space of the condo making it feel bright and airy.
My second stay at the Crestwood and like all condos...you're at the mercy of the individual owners upkeep/investment unless you name a specific unit. We had two families with the same type/class of unit rented so it allowed a comparison. Both had granite countertops in the kitchen but ours had an old electric range worthy of my college apartment 20 yrs ago. Our friends had a more cooking friendly modern unit. Their unit's owners also had a much better equipped kitchen as far as quality cookware, etc. We only ate in one night but had to do it in their unit. All units have pretty decent Weber gas grills on the balconys.
Bed quality varies, as well. This years unit had a less than sumptuous bed compared to the 1BR I stayed in last year. The loft had a queen and a twin--perfect for kids/cousins.
Great ski-in access and a friendly ski valet service. The kids loved the pool with two attached hot tubs, though only one had the bubblers working/in service. Staff was just as friendly as last year and always more than happy to give a lift somewhere or help with reservations/luggage/more towels/whatever. Each unit has it's own outdoor lockable ski lockers with benches right at the entry door if you choose not to use the free valet service. Benches help with booting/unbooting.
Great maid service...everything kept neat and tidy in your room as well as around the property. Everyone you deal with on property seems to have a can-do, helpful attitude. Always appreciated. We were on the end near the valet so there's a minimum of clonking around with the kids in their ski boots.
Only downside is no elevators and a lot of stairs. I believe the 1Br/Loft units are all on the top level. If you have people in your party that may have a tough time with it--especially at 8000 ft of elevation, you may want to specify a unit on a ground floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crestwood is an ideally situated condominium property in both summer and winter offering skiing, hiking and biking access out your front door. Comprised of one to four bedroom units (some with loft) and is conveniently located between the Village Express Lift and the Elk Camp Gondola (now running in summer and winter). Its proximity to the Snowmass Base Village allows for an easy walk to après ski, dinner and the Children’s Treehouse/Ski School. The Crestwood prides itself on the best service personnel and widest range of services offered by a condominium hotel in the Aspen/Snowmass resort area. Each unit is individually owned and decorated providing a unique stay. They all have a living room with a fireplace, a fully equipped kitchen, a TV/VCR/DVD in the living room, FREE wireless internet access throughout the property and a private balcony with a gas BBQ grill in each condo. Having recently completed $15 million exterior renovation which includes a face lift to all buildings and landscaping as well as a new pool, 3 new Jacuzzis, a new work out facility, massage and steam room, and an on-site Ski Concierge where guests can rent/store/tune their skis right on the property. Other Highlights: bathroom for every bedroom, grocery and liquor shopping, free laundry facilities, newspaper delivery, and complimentary Aspen Airport and Snowmass Village shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Crestwood Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crestwood Condominiums Hotel Snowmass Village
- Crestwood Condominiums Snowmass Village