All reviews private hot tub four corners cafe soaking pool solar springs swamp cooler san juans views of the mountains rooftop bar common areas are hot springs fire pit off season on site restaurant full kitchen steam room queen bed third floor
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

We stay at Chipeta every year for our anniversary in October, and we really enjoy our stay. It is a beautiful, calming, quiet, peaceful place to stay, and relax. We relax in the sauna, and get massages each time we stay, which are incredible, and enjoy soaking in the hot pool, and sitting by the fire at night. The scenery, and views, are beautiful, and we love exploring Ouray and Telluride when we visit.

The only real downside we have found with the accomadations is that most of the rooms include a bathroom with a dividing wall that does not go all the way to the ceiling. I'm baffled by this design choice, honestly, especially in a beautiful, relaxing resort such as this one.

It may not seem like a big deal, but in reality, being able to hear your significant other/partner/spouse/friend using the toilet is not at all relaxing, or romantic. I've never visited another resort, or hotel, where this is the case, and I just can't wrap my mind around why the rooms were designed this way. Nothing kills romance like hearing toilet sounds, and I guess I'm just not as comfortable using the restroom knowing my husband can hear everything that's going on, especially when we're trying to have a relaxing, romantic getaway.

We've remedied this by specifically choosing rooms that have the conventional, fully divided room/bathroom setup, with a wall that goes all the way to the ceiling.

We've also found that the blinds and curtains let in a lot of light, especially if you're staying in a room that faces street lamps, or entry lights. I'd prefer it if they used thicker curtains that provide a darker sleeping environment.

Other than these strange accommodation choices, we love everything else about Chipeta Solar Springs Resort and Spa, and will continue to visit every year, and recommend it to our friends.

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank Morgen P
Reviewed 28 September 2018

My wife and I had a wonderfully relaxing 2 night weekend stay here in the Red Mountain suite. Very luxurious for us, and the staff was very engaging and fun. We both had fabulous massages, the morning breakfast offered was perfect.
We have visited twice before, and enjoyed the Canyon DeChelly suite both times, which is also great. Private hot tub on the roof there, amazing!
I would advise anyone to choose a upper end suite, like a Kiva or LoCha suite, treat yourself and splurge a bit. Some of the other reviews on here suggest they need to renovate, but we have never seen anything like that in our accommodations.

Room tip: Treat yourself and get a higher end suite.
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Stayed 2 nights as part of a group and overall the location has a nice view of the mountains and across the street is a nice park to walk in the morning to stretch. Ambiance is SW motif. While checking in the attitiude of the staff was like " you are so lucky to be staying here" and not this warm and welcoming attitide. Made our way to the room and it was basic with a queen bed and bath. Bathroom was average and the overall condition of the room was aged and in need of a makeover. Bed comfort was below average due to the pillows which provided no head comfort as they were about 2 inches thick. For the price of the room it was surprisingly in below average condition. Since this place is called a resort/spa I guess they feel charging high prices for the luxury feel. The high point of the stay was the morning breakfast which was very good and the ladies who staffed the area were the most pleasant we met during our short stay. There was a nice heated pool and jacuzzi area but due to timing we did not take advantage of that. When checking out there was no " we hope you enjoyed your stay etc. etc. again just the "you should be glad we let you stay here" attitude. If traveling to the general area again I would go into Ouray as there were a number of options there priced more reasonable. The overall rating is an average but that is a stretch.

Room tip: can't offer an opinion here ....there are more choices in Ouray and more to do so check that area out as well/
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Save your money and sleep in your car...you’ll feel much more rested.
For $250/night one would expect a comfortable bed/pillow...not the case.
Also worn out rumpled carpeting. This place needs a serious renovation.

1  Thank RWardie
Reviewed 19 September 2018

My boyfriend and I had the most relaxing stay at Chipeta Solar Springs. We arrived on a Monday and stayed during the week. It was quiet and peaceful. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The pool was so pretty and clean. The hot tub was relaxing with the most amazing view. The restaurant and roof top bar was outstanding. The room was perfect and clean also with a wonderful view. I'm coming back here. This is my new happy place!

Date of stay: August 2018