“Can’t wait to go back!”

The Royal Oak Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Poringland
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 24
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Royal Oak offers you a stylish dining experience by offering the best food and drink sourced where possible, locally. With at least eight real ales and ciders, a good choice of wines and spirits and a delightful dining room within the Royal Oak, you won't be disappointed. All the food is home cooked and freshly prepared on the premises so don't expect fast food. There are some typical pub fayre dishes available as well as some more unusual dishes to revive your palate. The dining room is intimate so booking is advisable On the other hand we aim to bring you the typical vintage feel with a modern twist. Afternoon Tea in a shabby chic surrounding. That age old tradition of Afternoon Tea Sandwiches, scones with cream and preserves, assorted pastries and of course tea, lots of tea. We have assorted cakes, scones, sandwiches and pastries. We can accommodate from 1 to 50 at a sitting so don't feel shy about entertaining your family, friends or that special celebration. We have gluten free options for cakes, sandwiches and scones. With a little notice we can accommodate all your special dietary requirements. Remember there is always time for tea and always room for cake!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and two girls (7yrs & 3yrs) went to this pub last night unexpectedly and are so happy we stumbled across this little gem.
The staff were so efficient, very friendly and made our two girls feel very welcome and the food was absolutely delicious and very reasonably priced for the quality.
We can’t wait to return and try out some more of the yummy dishes the pub has to offer.

Delia P, Owner at The Royal Oak Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you Sarah for your unexpected review. I’m so pleased you and your family enjoyed what we had to offer. Your family were a pleasure to serve and we very much hope you will come back and see us again soon. Hopefully next time you can also enjoy our beer garden.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Me and my wife went to The Royal Oak in Poringland on 11th March 2018, for some lunch.This is a very friendly place with wonderful staff and lovely food.First of all the landlady came to our table to ask us what we wanted to eat and drink she made us feel very comfortable and 2as very polite.We really enjoyed our food which was all made on the premises from scratch, the food is of very high standard and could tell it was made by the brillant chef.The staff hear are very helpful and polite.Thankyou for a wonderful meal and exellent service.We will be back soon.Mr And Mrs Wurr.

Delia P, Owner at The Royal Oak Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Mr Wurr thank you for your visit. It was a pleasure to meet you both and I’m pleased that word is stretching as far as Norwich. It fills me with joy to know that our customers appreciate what we provide and are telling friends. It all helps get our reputation out there. I know you’re not local but I hope that doesn’t mean it will be too long before you return.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

After trying to get to work in the snow today and failing on our way trying to get home stopped here to hope the weather wpuld get better. I was soaked after digging cars out which got stuck they increased the fire they had so i could get warm and they dried my shoes and my socks for me we ordered lunch and it was perfect. Thank you so much for your hospitality

Paul, Thank you for your lovely review. Thank God for the poor weather, we would never have met and it gave the village a real opportunity to get to know the local amenities. As a result of the poor weather we met hire a few new customers which can only be good for our business. I hope very much we see you and your lovely lady again, minus the wet clothing!

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Very good friendly atmosphere. Staff very good. Food is very nice.The landlady really makes you feel welcome. Will definitely be coming back.

Thank you Jane b for your review. I’m sorry it’s taken me a while to respond - I changed my phone and it took me a while to reinstall all my apps etc.
I’m really pleased you enjoyed our hospitality and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

I would visit again but the first time didn't go smoothly... 3 of us for dinner and we also had starters. I have an allergy and when my meal came the chef has forgotten about the salad dressing containing mustard - they took my plate away and changed the salad but left the garlic bread (I had the fish pie) which may have been contaminated as it was next to the salad so the waited picked them up from my plate with his hands and brought me fresh ones... The chips on another meal were not good either - but I think this was a one off...
Although first visit was not ideal, this is a local pub with football on and a great selection of beers - its not an al le carte kitchen so I had anticipated that mistakes could be made.
This is my local and for the first visit wasn't bad - I would try again.

Delia P, Owner at The Royal Oak Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Thank you for your caarfeully written review, indeed your review is extremely kind considering how poor our service was. This was indeed an extraordinary experience and we hope very much it will not happen again. We pride ourselves on offering a bespoke food service where each dish is cooked to order and customers with allergies are treated with care. Sadly that did not happen in this occasion. The second chef and the waiter have both been shown this review and further training will happen forthwith to prevent this happening again. I’m just sorry your experience wasn’t as it should have been. I also hope this doesn’t put you off trying our hospitality again.