“Impressive!”

Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 12
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

The speed trap is a real gem in Palmer Lake. We’v visited this place twice now. Once with my wife, and once with my very picky in-laws. We’ve had the salmon with hollandaise sauce, the French toast and bacon, the traditional breakfast, and the crepes. However, the biscuits and gravy is at a whole other level!. Someone knows what they’re doing in this kitchen because the food is truly upper echelon.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

This is my "go to" place when I want something different. In the past the food has been pretty good. But, today was very disappointing. Stopped for a light brunch. Ordered bagel & cream cheese. Assumed (as waitress didn't ask what kind of bagel or cream cheese) that I would get a plain bagel & plain cream cheese. What I got was undesirable. Since I've been around the world a bit - I tried it. Ugh, Mistake! It was baked with some undesirable spices & herbs. (There are many I like) This bagel was not eatible. Worse, what I got for trying was a foul taste that lingered past a handful of Altoids. Did anyone ask if I was enjoying my meal - NO. Did anyone ask why my wife & I left our meal on the table - NO. Like I said, usually a good place to eat, but not today.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Pros:
- small town feel.
- great food.
- good menu.
- good service.
- friendly servers.

Cons:
-none!

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

A friend recommended this place when I said I was looking for a small home cooking place with some charm. At her suggestion we tried the eggs Benedict crepe and the bratwurst crepe with the speedtrap salad. They were both fresh and flavorful. Other diners were having burgers or sandwiches that also looked great. The owner, Spencer, served us and made sure we had everything we wanted. People were eating inside and on the patio in the mountain air. We will happily return.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

Went for lunch today and ordered the "soup of the day." It took 45 minutes to get the soup, then had to wait for a spoon while the soup cooled. Never did get the "mini baguette" on the menu. When the bill arrived, the soup was $10 vs the $6.25 shown on the menu. When I questioned it I was told it was a "special soup of the day," which wasn't disclosed when I asked what the soup of the day was. The soup was delicious but the poor service and misleading menu really detracted. BTW, they weren't that busy to warrant such a wait.