“Terrible service, misleading menu”
Review of Speedtrap Bistro

Speedtrap Bistro
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Palmer Lake
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 12
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Went for lunch today and ordered the "soup of the day." It took 45 minutes to get the soup, then had to wait for a spoon while the soup cooled. Never did get the "mini baguette" on the menu. When the bill arrived, the soup was $10 vs the $6.25 shown on the menu. When I questioned it I was told it was a "special soup of the day," which wasn't disclosed when I asked what the soup of the day was. The soup was delicious but the poor service and misleading menu really detracted. BTW, they weren't that busy to warrant such a wait.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I ate here for the first time a week ago and was so impressed with the food that I couldn't wait to come back. I returned today but was not nearly as impressed. I ordered the same item I had ordered last visit but got a different quiche because they were apparently out of the crust that they typically use. I was told this after I questioned the reason for the difference. My friend ordered the strawberry spinach salad and it came without strawberries (hello??). We asked why and the waitress told us that they were also out of strawberries. Who the hell serves a STRAWBERRY spinach salad without strawberries? At least tell the customer and let them decide if they still want the salad. I ordered ranch and she told me they were out if it until I questioned it and she went and checked and they were not, in fact, out of ranch. Get it together. The waitress was borderline rude and wasn't apologetic at all about all of the things they were out of. If this had been the first visit I would not be going back but I'll give it one more chance . Hopefully they can focus on keeping the needed items in stock and bettter customer service.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank laurao42
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Had the most delicious salad tailored to my vegan liking. The food here is delicious and the staff very attentive.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Very small tables, not a lot of room. A rectangular table for 4 is just about right for two people having a full breakfast. Friendly folks and interesting breakfast choices. Not many choices for breakfast in Palmer Lake, so it can be busy.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank dwlit
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

We need more places like this where you can just sit, have something you like, and just relax for a bit... Great hours!

Date of visit: February 2018