“All I can say is "WOW"!!!!”

The Villa at Palmer Lake
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Palmer Lake
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 18
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Palmer Lake, CO. Perfect venue for all private parties, weddings, rehearsal dinners, showers, etc. This Italian Gastropub has a unique hand crafted menu moderately priced. Gluten Free and Vegetarian options available
Reviewed 27 December 2016

Went for Christmas Eve dinner. Thought it would be an ordinary night out, eat, and go home, back in an hour. Was I wrong! They had a beautiful table for 2 in front of the roaring fireplace (how romantic!). Food was fantastic! Started out with Mediterranean Calamari -deep fried, sprinkling of olive oil, capers, olives -OMG!! Had blue crab stuffed sole and my husband had salmon in a sweet chili cream sauce. Holy Moly! Great portions, extremely tasty. My husband said it was the best salmon he ever had. Forgot to mention the salad before dinner, ice cold, with a vinaigrette mixed with creamy parmesan dressing, cukes, tomatoes, blue cheese, onion. It was delicious. Our hats off to the chef ! Our server was so engaging, he really made our visit a great one. We had such a great meal and were having such a nice evening we decided to go into the bar area for an after dinner drink and so glad we did. The nicest bartender you'd ever want to meet. Made a great chocolate martini and also a fantastic old fashioned. They had a Latin guitarist that was a one man band - he was fantastic. Everyone was engaged in the music - really enjoying it. We stayed until closing. One of the best nights we've had out in a long time. Thanks to everyone at the Villa!! You made us feel so welcome.

Reviewed 24 November 2016

While in Colorado Springs for business, we had a dinner at The Villa and we were pleasantly surprised by the interior look which reminded me of some restaurants in Italy. We had generous sides coming to the table and I personally tried Bacon-wrapped Beef Tenderloin. While the portion I received was not too big, it was delicious and you should get there early to make sure to find it available! The tiramisu was also really good!

1  Thank The_Italian_Reviewer
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

Planned an evening w an old friend that I hadn't seen in years. We met at the bar for a drink and that was fine. Staff very attentive and polite. We ordered the lahvosh and it was very "over prepared". Actually, that will be my review theme, "over prepared". The salad looked like Fresh Express contents. If a little sauce is good, drowning my entree must make it better! Veal Saltimbocca shouldn't be swimming in a watery pool either. Unfortunately, I can't think of a positive thing to say about any part of the meal.
The staff was great and it's a cozy setting but I won't be back.

Kerri B, Manager at The Villa at Palmer Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Jennie,

I apologize that your experience was unsatisfactory. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the ambiance and that our staff was attentive and polite, however I am disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy the food. We pride ourselves on providing rustic meals prepared fresh to order, and I can assure you nothing you ate came from a bag or a can. Hopefully you will be back to try some different items from our menu that you will enjoy more. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

We attended a private event here for 60+ people. The entire staff did an excellent job of taking care of us from start to finish. We ordered the filet and not only was it perfectly done, it was top quality beef. The only problem we had was the noise level in the banquet room. You could not hear the person sitting next to you; we were hoarse by the end of the dinner and our ears were ringing! Squeezing that many people in that size room was not adequate, since there wasn't even space to mingle without bumping into other attendees as well as servers.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

Located right on the main drag through Palmer Lake, the Villa was worth going to.
Located in an old converted house, the atmosphere is very nice and the food even better. The servers must pool their tips since we had about 3 different ones taking care of us. The menu offers a wide variety of mostly Italian dishes and the ones we tried were delicious. We were lucky to get a table on a weeknight so I would recommend that you make reservations to be sure.