“Great condo in the beautiful Rocky Mountains”
Review of Wyndham Pagosa

Wyndham Pagosa
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Littleton, CO
“Great condo in the beautiful Rocky Mountains”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We just visited the Wyndham in Pagosa Springs (March 2012) and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were put in the Ptarmigan condos which were well kept, spacious and perfect for our needs. Full kitchen! Washer & dryer. Lots of living space and some resort activities that interested the kids. We got unlimited passes for the rec center, just 2 minutes down the road.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank denverhalestorm
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Check in was pretty smooth, we had very high hopes for our vacation. Parker was very nice and accommodating, it ends there. We have two children 6 and 8. We were told there were no two bedroom condos available, okay, the kids slept on the fold out couch, very uncomfortable. Walls were extremely thin so not only could you hear every sound from the living room, you could hear every sound from everyone else's unit, every conversation, running, showers etc. The master bed was uncomfortable at best and the springs sounded broken when laying down. The hot water heater was never able to fill up the tub. No housekeeping, and not to mention the rec center a mile down the road. We wanted to check out the pool before swimming and the little blonde girl at the counter asked us to remove our boots before walking through the facility. My husband had to use the restroom and she was going to make him do it in his socks!!!!! Really? We decided to actually brave the pool the next day and we were greeted by yet another rude person at the front desk. They give you a laundry list of rules and the evil eye. To top it off Wyndham only gives you 5 passes, one has to be used on each family member so you can only go once. Watch out for the cold showers in the locker room by the signs that tell you to conserve water and the sign going into the pool that says they don't want any "poop" or bacteria. Yes it really says poop, how inviting. Let's see what else, oh the front office calling you all day every day to come in and go over your timeshare and get information. The manager said he could exchange our timeshare in for the Wyndam timeshare which was more flexible. Lies and more lies, we were asked to buy another timeshare at the discounted rate of 20,000, again are you serious? We have a very exclusive timeshare that has luxury resorts and we were told our timeshare was broken. Rene our timeshare salesman from hell said, "I guess they just don't want to vacation like this." Insinuating that we weren't wealthy enough or intelligent enough to buy yet another timeshare and double our maintenance fees, which we were told were so much lower, they were the same. No Rene, I don't want to vacation that way, I don't want to go into debt for you or your managers paultry commission, it was BS. After skiing for three days, there was nothing else family friendly to do besides wander around our crappy condo and watch tv. If you go to pagosa plan a short trip and then get the heck out, especially if you have young children, this is not a family friendly place to vacation. We left early to head to red river to restart our vacation. Upon leaving the front desk staff asked,"are you leaving early?" we stated yes and there was absolutely no inquiry into why, I'm assuming it happens quite often. As bad as our experience was I know it wasn't anywhere near as bad as some others, we were lucky enough to get teal landing by some miracle, so we didn't have the maintenance and filth issues. I will never stay at a Wyndam anything again. Oh and by the way I am using my broken timeshare to stay in a luxury 3 bedroom condo this summer. You can take your flexible timeshare and shove it. If this resort is indicative of what Wyndam timeshares have to offer I feel sorry for the owners!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012
15 Thank QbeeDoo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We love the Wyndham lakes neighborhood where the Wyndham Resort is located. The recreation center is fabulous and there are good discounts on ski lift tickets, etc. The resort is right next to the major grocery story with easy access to the city. The condo (Teal Landing) was large enough to use one of the bedroom suites for all of our computers and the other for the gatherings. Wyndham staff takes care of every need immediately. This is our 6th time here and we will be back yearly without fail.

Room Tip: They are currently renovating Peregrin and Ptarmigan and these are perfect for families since the tw...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank machp
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We enjoyed staying here in the fall--the views of the fall colors were spectacular, and we were situated right on the golf course with a lake just beyond our deck. This spacious 2-bedroom condo had been recently updated with nice furnishings, wonderfully comfortable beds and luxury bedding. There are plenty of activites in Pagosa Springs, from the hot springs, to the quaint downtown shopping, and tons of hiking all around the area.

Room Tip: Ask if the unit has been updated---these condos have been there for a while.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Mansfield, Texas
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Stayed here while working, but it was a real mixed bag. Two-level townhome looked like it needed a facelift inside--broken base moulding, some even having come off and laying in the floor of the bathroom upon arrival. Light bulbs out here and there, orange mold on the bath pillows in the otherwise lovely downstairs two-person spa tub (got some of the bleach-based spray cleaner and cleaned them myself QUITE nicely--but sure didn't get either a tip or an "'atta girl!"). Some nice amenities in the kitchen, including a blender. You should know that they didn't send someone over to fix the multiple little problems for two days after they found out, and they looked at me like *I* should be embarrassed to have pointed out the moldy bath pillows! Looks more like they should hire me to give them honest and direct feedback...or at least, show them some of the "new" products available for cleaning that can be found even in the town's one grocery store half a mile away (a Kroger company, so bring your Kroger Shopper card to get credit and the gas discount).

My main problem with this location as my hub for working is that I couldn't--internet connection went up and down all day and night, sometimes being down for hours during the day. Complained to front desk, and they said, "Yeah, that happens around here." They could have told me THAT before I chose to stay here. Thought to go skiing two and a half days after I got my work done--but could only go once because of the Internet problem, which *almost* caused me to curse. The worst part was how the sales office didn't care that I'd already purchased ski lift tickets for those times--there was simply no refund, according to them, so I had to wait around and sell my lift tickets at a 20% discount to another guest who happened to have cash: pretty embarrassing. Wyndham could have resold the ticket to anyone at full price...

Room Tip: Maybe check with other timeshare owners to see which specific units are the best.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends