See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Fantastic camp sites with the cleanest campground restrooms I have ever experienced.
Great secluded spot with beautiful views and not overly crowded.
Just 3.5 hours away from Abq, NM. yet miles away from civilization & NO CELL SERVICE- Yeah!

Room Tip: Reserve the sites along the river if you can...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Matt K
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My wife & I had skied around this campground this winter & vowed to come back. It is beautiful with many campsites suitable for campers &tents alike. What we weren't prepared for was the heat. We'd gone north from Albuquerque to escape the unrelenting heat, but found the campground to be in the high 80's till after 7:00p.m. Mornings are great till about 9, then you're looking for water to dip into. Camp hosts are lovely. Pit toilets are some of the cleanest we've found. But check the forecast before you go. The fire-ready drought prevents any evaporative cooling from the forests - something we used to find. Lovely place in cooler temps. Oh, & nearby wildfires made skiies hazy. We came home early to our evap coolers...

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank carylanddon
Reviewed 17 January 2011

I camped here on my TransAmerica Bicycle Ride in August of 2010. The place is Clean, The management is friendly and the pricing is quite reasonable for what you get. They have fabulous sticky buns in the morning. For more information about my Trans America Bicycle Trip and Where I stayed. See: www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/lemonademagnate.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo