All reviews hot tub the main street waffles hot breakfast in town no elevator hot items the owner front desk person chain hotel within walking distance the million dollar highway a great stay fall colors ice climbing rooms are clean two blocks
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Our family enjoyed staying at this hotel. The owner was so friendly and accommodating. He asked us each morning how our day was going and helped us book the most amazing Jeep rental for Silverton. It felt more like a bed and breakfast than a hotel. We plan on coming again. Thanks for the great weekend!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2018

We stayed for two days and it was our second stay since new owners took over. They put a new furniture in rooms and everything in room worked. Plenty of hot water in the shower, strong WIFI, comfortable bed, heating system. They now have one outdoor hot tub on the side of the building and I really really enjoyed it. Breakfast was typical for the brand (maybe a little better) and well managed. Front desk lady (Stephanie I think) was very professional, hard working and did her best. Here’s is the thing... I do realize that nothing last forever and understand that Betty and Ted (previous owners) would retire at some point. New owners are doing a decent overall job, but it’s not the same. We were placed in a room right outside of the construction (they removed the old hot tub and it’s a mess with the construction being “on hold”) I understand that they have limited number of king rooms in the hotel and I wouldn’t take queen bed, but seeing all that mess outside of our room was unpleasant. Next time when I’ll make a reservation, I’ll request a room on the back or on the side of the building. Give this Comfort Inn in Ouray a try and see for yourself.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2018

We enjoyed our stay here. Phil checked us in and was friendly and helpful with questions we had. I used the motel's laundry; the washer and dryers worked great. The breakfast room is a little small with small tables but the breakfast fare was the usual and met our needs; oatmeal, yogurt, eggs, sausage, waffles, donuts, bread, juices etc. The coffee was perfect for my taste (some places, it can be a little weak). The owner was at the front desk during the morning and was congenial, welcoming, and available if you needed anything or if you had questions.

Room tip: Our room was in the back facing the mountains - great view watching the moon settting!
Reviewed 1 October 2018

We have stayed at this hotel many times even prior to the new ownership. It has always been clean, comfortable, and close to town. The owners as well as the other employees are very friendly and personable. Breakfast was good but nothing special, the usual fare for a Choice Hotel. The new owners have done some up grades which is nice but they have also raised their prices more than what I believe is reasonable for a Choice Hotel even if it is Ouray CO. Also our last stay was a bit noisier than other times which might be because the area where the hot tub used to be is now the sitting area where people smoke and congregate just in front of the rooms on the east side of the hotel. I would still recommend this hotel but there are a lot of other hotels to chose
from too.

Room tip: A room on the East side of the building.
2  Thank David33388
Reviewed 27 September 2018

Nice spot to stay in town. Nothing fancy but really nice check in man, and the rooms are fine. Hot tub and some nice lounge chairs to sit on to view the mountains.
Clean, quiet, and so walkable to all that Ouray has to offer!

Room tip: We had the second floor corner room, and it was right near the hot tub.
1  Thank maremart