“Breathtakingly Beautiful”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
China Spring
“Breathtakingly Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

This hotel and staff is incredible. Each room has a private balcony that overlooks running water. The sound is awesome. All rooms have a double king. It is a western theme based room and very comfortable. I will definately stay here again hands down.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hdmawmaw
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Greeley, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

I booked the Hot Springs Inn for one night after reading many great reviews on Trip Advisor. I can't say enough good things about our experience at this hotel! After staying in several "decent but nothing special" hotels during a family road trip, our expectations were pleasantly exceeded here.

Front desk staff were very friendly and extremely helpful upon check in, they took time to show me good restaurants and recommended hikes on the local map. I had requested a room on second floor and sure enough, we ended up with corner room 201 overlooking the river. The room was perfect, two comfortable King beds, a fireplace, sitting area for happy hour, nice sized balcony, excellent shower, ceiling fan, fridge, and microwave in addition to coffee maker. The best part of all was the fact that we could open our windows wide for a gentle nighttime breeze and to listen to the rushing river right outside.

We decided to grill instead of eating out, and the Hot Springs Inn has a nice area with two grills, a huge 4-person glider swing, picnic table, and adirondack chairs so you can enjoy sitting around while using the grill next to the river. (Be aware: the only grocery store in town, Duckett's, closes at 6 pm so you have to plan ahead.)

Laundry facilities are onsite, and you use your room key to access them in the main building. The front desk can give you change for the coin operated machines.

Our room was spotless and the grounds were well-kept. The exterior of the buildings and main office look a bit outdated, like old Swiss wannabes, but inside the decor was fun and modern. Free continental breakfast is served in the main building, and free WiFi that worked well.

Again, can't say enough good things - wish we could have stayed several nights. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: We enjoyed room 201 on the upper corner, it had an extra side window we could open at night to let t...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Steamboat323
Cottonwood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

This place is a gem. Everything here was perfect plus. We had a great time and would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IDRYER
st pete
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

I love this place! Right after I walked into the door, I walked back into the office and added a second night. The two king beds were amazingly comfortable. Everything was nice, and looked new. The view of the river and the balcony were perfect after a days hike. Mary, along with all the other employees were super nice and helpful. The breakfast was great, and out of the 5 places I stayed while I was on vacation, this place was the best! I would recommend this place to EVERYONE I know! This hotel and the town of Ouray will always hold a special place in my heart, and I will return one day and spend my entire vacation here, not just 2 nights! please don't stay any where else... You will be missing out! All the guest seemed as happy as we were. My mom and sister slept late, and I went into the lobby and talked Mary's ear off. She gave me great suggestions on planning our day, and she is very interesting and intelligent lady. Thanks Hot Springs Inn for a wonderful stay! I will be back!! I would give it more stars if I could. **********

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Dixie F
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

Relaxing, right next to the river. You can open your windows to let the breeze in. King beds were great, but almost too soft. Great, friendly staff, everything we needed. Great location too, close to everything. A nice retreat from a long day of travel.

Room Tip: Nice corner room, liked lower level, right next to the river.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family