“Good Mexican food in the Rockies”

Buen Tiempo Restaurant & Cantina
Ranked #8 of 40 Restaurants in Ouray
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

I spent a week in Ouray hiking and climbing, thus it didn't take long to make the rounds on the restaurant offerings. For me burgers get old quick, so Buen Tiempo was good enough for two visits. I had the green chile stew once and the spinach enchiladas the other time. Both were good dishes. Atmosphere is pleasant and the wait staff was friendly. Food service was slow the first time(2:00pm) but very prompt the second visit(4:30pm). My waitress (Hispanic, fluent in Spanish) remarked that the posole was very good, auténtica. Had I stayed longer, I would have tried that too. If you're in town and want a break from the burger/beer scene, Buen Tiempo is a good option.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

My family (13) had a wonderful experience at Buen Tiempo! We were seated quickly, taken care of by friendly staff, and enjoyed their delicious food! We loved it so much that we went back a second time before leaving Ouray! A must visit!

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is located in an old building and is nicely decorated. It features a beautiful old wood bar which serves up good margaritas! With one exception, however, our food was just average. My tacos were filled with a lot of meat but were dry. The spinach enchiladas which had been recommended were rather bland and uninspiring. The exception was the chicken tortilla soup. The broth was well seasoned and filled with tender chicken, topped with melting cheese-very tasty! If we are ever back in Ouray I would stop here for a margarita and a bowl of chicken tortilla soup!

1  Thank margie1928
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We eat at Buen Tiempo a couple time every summer while we're in Ouray.

We just love it!
The staff is friendly and accommodating, especially with kids.

The setting is very nice, especially if you sit in the outdoor patio which affords beautiful views of the San Juan Mountains!

The food however... It's just the best!
Their salsa is the best you'll ever have... Believe me and just try it with the crispy tortilla chips.
Authentic Mexican favorites combine with salads, wraps, and pub favorites. Their Taquitos and black beans are to die for, and I love their Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap too!

If you're near Ouray and looking for GREAT Mexican food, Buen Tiempo will surely please!

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

I usually judge a Mexican food place by its salsa. I wasnt fond of it here. But I had the Pollo Asado tacos. Very tasty and a large portion. You better be hungry!